Newbie on SW, advice needed pls on Red Day!

Slimseaa

Silver Member
Hello to all you lovely SW people, well done on your losses, have been reading quite a bit on here lately and your all a true inspiration.

I know this has probably been asked many times before, but i would appreciate it if you can kindly take a few moments to answer again for myself.....

I did Lighterlife diet before & lost a lot of weight & put on 2.5sts since losing it in 2008.I have always been fat and a yoyo dieter. I also suffer from PCOS. I need to now lose officially 3.5-4 stones. I did have a few packs of LL leftover which i was doing recently, did it for 3 weeks then stopped as i felt my health was going down-hill and my family told me to stop.

I have therefore decided to start SW at home (as i bought the books off someone last year).I am not going to treat it as a diet as such,but a new way of healthy eating. I do eat healthy most of the time, a bit to healthy then i start binging on the one chocolate, which then adds up to 2-3 then chocolate cakes, etc....

Because I have PCOS, i am supposed to limit my intake on carbs & so i have done, since Oct I have only had carbs approx on 6 occassions (only wholemeal/wholewheat carbs as well).

I think i am going to go for the Red(Original) Plan, but needed some advise pls as i only will need to cook for myself and would only like quick recipes as i do shift-work then have other commitments and want to try & make time forr myself to exercise as i want to try for a Baby this year :(

So on the Red Plan-

Breakfast- Qaker Porridge Oats Golden Syrup x 1 sachet (HexB)
350ml x Skimmed Milk(HexA)

Lunch-Large Tin of Tuna in brine (drained) with salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, etc with balsamic vinegar (would that all be syn free)

Dinner- Salmon fillet or Turkey chunks or turkey mince or chicken breast with boiled veggies.

Snacks- Tangerines/Strawberries and Total Greek Fat 0% yoghurt or Mullerlight (Toffee/Vanilla) or Sugar free jelly.

Drinks- 2 litres of water, Robinsons no added sugar squash,diet coke.

Does this sound about right? I don't eat a Jacket Potato or Pasta anymore (miss my jacket potato) as im scared that the carbs will make me put on weight.

Sorry to trouble you all.Thank you in advance :)

Hi,
The golden syrup porridge isn't a B choice, only the plain is a B choice.
You also need another B choice and another A if you choose as you get 2 A's and B's on red!

Other than that it all seems good :)

Good morning Slimseaa,

Welcome - you have chosen a good forum to join :)

Your plan for lunch and tea looks fine - a nice array of salad, fruit and veg.

Unfortunately your Oat So Simple isn't on the list for HEB - only the plain one :( I have seen written on a forum though that someone checked with her consultant who said you could substitute this for a HEB + 1.5 syns.

You do need to add in another HEA and another HEB.

Maybe some ryvita and cheese as a snack?

Have a good day x
Ali
x

Sorry, this is a consultant fib! You cannot subsitute a golden syrup sachet and add 1.5 syns.
If you compare the oat content in this sachet, it's nowhere near as much as in the regular sachet of 28g. Most of it is sugar and flavouring!
That's why it's not listed on the HEX list.

I love the golden syrup flavour but I add a tsp of golden syrup and syn it accordingly. Lovely :)

It all looks good, but I can't help thinking that lunch won't fill you up or stave off hunger for ling (well it wouldn't if it were me) - Why not throw some boiled eggs in to bulk it up.

Oh and for the record, carbs don't make you put on weight, it's over-eating that makes you put on weight. Have you thought about trying to introduce some healthy carbs like a jacket spud into your diet. if it doesn't work you could always cut it out again. Diets work best when we're eating what we enjoy!

If you miss potatoes - Butternut squash is an excellent alternative (Roasted, mashed, wedges etc)

Thank you all for the useful advice, its much appreciated :).....

Ok so is the Original Qaker Porridge free then?
So i need to add another HexA & HexB?
Also Baked Beans are they free?

Is Total 0% Yoghurt, Mullerlight Toffee/Vanilla and Sugar free jelly all free?

Sorry im just doing all my research now to start planning as have some serius weight to lose, thank u all xx

The original oastsosimple is a B choice, or 28g of porridge oats.
Yes, another A and B choice on red.
Beans are not free on red. They can be a B choice (I think). They are free on green.

The yoghurts are free, the jelly is synned. Think it's a syn per sachet??

Back