Newbie on SW - any hints and tips more than welcome x

sososoph

Well peeps,

Enough is enough! My weight has gradually grown and grown over the last few years. I've done the whole yo-yo diet thing which I lose a few pound then stop and add several more pounds on!
I decided to give SW a go as it seems more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Unfortunately there are no meetings in my area so I've signed up online and hoping for the best!

Any hints and tips to help me along would be great. It's lovely to hear from people who are going through the same thing.

Im on the EE, starting yesterday, so still trying to get my head around the whole free food, super free food etc. doesn't help that I absolutely detest any fruit...... Probably doesn't help with my 50 bellies.

Good Luck all x x x:)

Welcome sososoph! There is great support on here if you use the forums and post regularly - get to know a few of us. It def helps me. It will take some time to get used to all the free foods/healthy extra's etc, but it is def worth it and def doable as a way of life - not a diet!

Best of luck!!!

Hi, Like you sososoph I too have decided to finally give SW a go. Day 2 of EE and it seems i am eating more than ever :).

Thanks everyone. Day 6 on EE and not doing too bad. Faultered a bit at the weekend :(
But really do enjoy a wee tipple on a Saturday. Luckily, I didn't do the usual and order a big feed of Chinese takeaway! Onwards and upwards x

well done, stick to it, let us know when you have had your weigh in!! x

Yes I started yesterday too and I feel like I am eating more than normal, I didn't have healthy extra b ( fibre one) as it just seemed to much I had

B - yogurt 5 syns
L - turkey ham from packet - 5 syns
Laughing cow extra light 1 syn
D- chicken cooked in BBQ fry light and prawn & egg salad
Fruit salad with two muller lights poured on top

Seems soooo much about to cook myself a big pasta lunch with pasta mushrooms tomatoes garlic bacon peas then go. To pub lunch with friends but I won't eat as would have had my SW lunch so just diet coke for me.

Snack on fruit all day and muller lights..

Need to get my head round the healthy extras - thing is though for. The calcium one I have about five cups of tea a day so that is that one and as for the other one might start having toast a couple of days a week.

aye it doesnt sound like you are eating a lot a breakfast? a yoghurt? jeez I wish I could survive on that lol. why not have a slice of toast at brek - or some cereal as a hexA? The fibre is important as it helps carry the food through your system, if ya know what I mean!

It was a 450g pot of yogurt I am a yogurt addict it is one of my fave foods that why....today I had a muller light and porridge. Planning to stick to mainly red days as they appear to be more effective from what I have read on here and I don't lose weight easily. I am right in saying mullerlights are free on red days and as much fruit as you like too ?

Oh 450g - now I get it lol. I am not sure about the free yogurt on red days chick, I am veggi so I do all green - but fat free yoghurts are 'free foods' - so I don't see why they wouldn't be? Can you check in your book? Mine is at home or I would look for ya...

I to have tried everything. Weightwatchers, counting calories, fad diets, crash diets ( which I wouldn't recommend) slimming tablets, slim fast. I did sw a few years ago and found it dead easy. I tried following the plan without meetings but struggled. I think the fact that I get weighed each week at meetings and have to announce in class how much I've either lost or gained give me the guts to stick to it. So enrolled yesterday and got my first meeting next week x

Back