Newbie on wedding countdown!

Miz_spentyouth

Hi everyone, just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself as I'm excited to have just placed my first order inspired by the success of members already on here :) and with my wedding booked for summer 2017 I'm going to need to get motivated! Eeek..deadline looming!
Like most of you, I've probably been on (and had success to some degree) with most diets out there, I mean it's not rocket science is it? Eat less, move more! So why is it so damn hard to be 'good'?
Three years ago, when I turned 50, I managed to get down to a size 10/12 (UK) from a size 20 for the first time in a VERY long time, losing five stones in 6 months on LL, but somehow, my new found slenderness led me into all kinds of mischief and I teamed up with my other half ( a big bloke with a healthy appetite and a penchant for bringing chocolate/cake/biscuits etc home on a whim) and needless to say I misplaced my 'No thank you' button and piled on 6stones in three years!!! Bless his cotton socks, he still wants to marry me but I've told him I won't be a fat bride lol and so my challenge is on...LL is way out of my budget now I'm planning a wedding and planning for retirement :) so I did some research and ended up here!
At 5'2" I simply cannot afford to be 16stones and a size 22, it's killing my hip (mild arthritis), my knee (repetitive bouts of bursitis) and my BP...big big numbers! I want to be able to retire in the next few years and enjoy my grandkids and have fun with my new hubby (I've been divorced 24 years so I think it's about time I dipped my toe again?!)
So that's me..fat, in my fifties but for a limited time only lol. I'm looking forward to joining you on your journeys and wish you all the success in the world x

Back