newbie plz help wiv my silly questions

bubz78600

I hoined slimming world on monday. Im really shy n i didnt loke the shout outs in the group. Iv being following the book n feel like i dnt no anything. Could sumone plz answer the silly qs i have. I just want to mke sure im doing it right. If i pop a potatoe in the microwave till it gets soft to eat do i class dat as a jacket or free? The frylight spray is free to use so if i spray dat n put mushrooms in is it still free? Can i put potatoes in the oven wiv frylight n have dem? R they fre? I no its silly but im too shy to msg my group lady. If i wana use like tandoori masala on chickn n mix it wiv sum yougurt to mke paste is dat still fre or syn?

Hi buns the potatoe in the microwave is free make sure your having it with lots of salad or veg with your protein I.e meat an fish an yes you can roast your potatoes in the fry light an that's free an the same with your mushrooms an curry spices are free just double check on line but most powder ones are fine mix with yoghurt sounds good an don't be shy always feel free to ask an good luck in your journey

Welcome, bubz and don't ever think any question is silly. Don't forget, we knew nothing about it when we all started off! :) I'm quite shy too and wouldn't have spoken out in a group situation. Mini's is a brilliant, friendly group and if you ask a question, there will always be someone who can help you out.

Good luck and hopefully we'll be reading a lot more from you.

Kathy :)

Aw fanx hun. How long u being doing sw? Wortied about my weigh in on monday x
Years on an off I lost just over five stone them put most of it back on two kids later lol your first weigh in will be fine I still get nervous now it's because you wanna lose so much you will if you stick to it an what ever you don't want to ask in group ask here let us know how you get on tomorrow at weigh in

Hi bubz, welcome to mini's :)

this is the place to come to ask questions, no question is silly!

as sexyshell said, potatoes cooked in their skins in the microwave are free, mushrooms cooked in frylight are free, potatoes sprayed with frylight and cooked in the oven are free, and curry spices mixed with yogurt, as long as it is fat free yogurt, is free.

It does take a while to get your head around everything, but don't worry, you'll get the hang of it! Keep at it and it will all make sense in a few weeks!

Good luck! How did your weigh in go?

first weigh in

Thanx girls. First weigh in n i lot 3.5 pounds. My goal is to get to 11 stones n im 13.5 at the mo so cnt wait. Im still breast feeding so being told i can hav 5 a or b healthy choices. Does any one no if i can double up on des? Like normally i havr 350 ml skd milk so cud i hav double dis? X thanku for ur support

]Hi bubz, welcome to mini's :)

this is the place to come to ask questions, no question is silly!

as sexyshell said, potatoes cooked in their skins in the microwave are free, mushrooms cooked in frylight are free, potatoes sprayed with frylight and cooked in the oven are free, and curry spices mixed with yogurt, as long as it is fat free yogurt, is free.

It does take a while to get your head around everything, but don't worry, you'll get the hang of it! Keep at it and it will all make sense in a few weeks!

Good luck! How did your weigh in go?[/QUOTE]

well done on your loss!

Yes if your consultant said you can have 5 healthy extra's then you could use 2 of them for milk

Well done on your weigh in did you find class any easier? If you focus an stick to plan I'm sure you will get your stone

What does 'dem' and 'dat' mean???

Ha...I though text speak was created originally to help with the long winded typing on phones and to use less letters thus keeping messages minimal and keeping costs down!!!
No need to do that on a forum....your message can be as long as you like, no charge!! ;) I appreciate some maybe using Minis through their phone but doesn't everyone have predictive text these days anyway?

signed
Grumpy old person!

The op has said she is shy and feels she might be asking silly questions. We should be supporting her to feel safe in this forum, not attacking her.

Back