Newbie Posting Privileges and Links Policy!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Newbie and Posting Privileges!:welcome:

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging is enabled.

You need 50 posts to access the main photo Gallery and upload photos to it.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

Absolutely no canvasing for members for Facebook Groups or any other Social Network Groups on the Internet.

Threads/posts of this nature will automatically be deleted!

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Please read the link below as it will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html#post692499

Links Policy either in posts or signature:

MiniMins Admin, Moderators and Members work tirelessly to keep forums clutter free from Spam.

We ask New Members to respect the following rules...

MiniMins has a zero tolerance to spam and to keep our forums free from spam...no advertising, no trading, swapping, selling or soliciting is allowed all spammers are automatically banned.

Absolutely no canvasing for members for Facebook Groups or any other groups on the Internet this is considered spam.

Threads of this nature will automatically be deleted. Social Network links in posts are not allowed.

We provide Social Network Icon Buttons for your personal use and if members wish to follow you they can click on your Social Network Icon Button.

Social Network Icon Buttons can be found in Settings on the Blue Bar at the top of the page under Edit Profile.

Allowed: Ticker sites, personal photo website i.e photo bucket etc., Personal Social Network pages...Please use the Social Networking Link buttons provided which you will find in Settings under Edit Profile on the Blue Bar at the top right of the page and if members are interested and wish to click on them they will...posts or threads soliciting members to follow or join Social Networks will be removed without notice as this is considered Network Spam.

Links to personal blogs without advertisements off site are allowed once you have done 50 posts.
You can then add your blog link to your signature.

Also Not Allowed: Posts with personal blog link soliciting members to visit their blog will be removed and repeat offenders will be banned as this is consider spam!

*Members with off site blog links in signature or in posts who do not have 50 posts will have their links removed and banned! Permitted personal blog links from off site are never allowed in posts only ever in signature!

Posts with personal blog link soliciting members to visit their blog off site will be removed and repeat offenders will be banned as this is consider spam!

• You can add a weight ticker to your signature as a new member.

• You can add your MiniMins diary/blog into your signature as a new member immediately.

Banned: Commercial website, auctions/eshop, forums, referral or affiliate links, third party weight loss resources and everything else not mentioned in the allowed...unless approved by the forum admin.

Charity Links are allowed in Signature...

If you personally are fund raising i.e taking part in a charity event to raise money for your chosen charity by running, walking, cycling, mountain climbing etc then you are welcome to post a link in your signature to promote your personal challenge. You are welcome to add a small blurb to say what your challenge is for...

*Links to your charity which appear in posts will be removed!

*Threads and posts asking for sponsorship will be removed.

Please do not post 3rd party links to websites soliciting our members to click, register or sign up to emails, letters, websites either through the public forum, via PM or email.

We urge our members to practice safe Internet browsing by not divulging personal information over the Internet. Please stay safe!

If you are not sure about a link please ask via pm or use the contact button at the bottom of the page.

Please note MiniMins is not responsible for the content of 3rd party links to other sites.

The Administration of MiniMins reserves the right to remove all links without prior notification or discussion.

Last edited:
Thanks - learning a bit more every day...

is there a way to say how many posts you are on or do you get a notification when you reach a certain number??

Okay, I just found it under my name on the left and my last post took me to 20 :)

Okay so I reached 20 but don't have the avatar option and i'm not able to join a private group that requires 20 ... should i wait rather than be inpatient lol sorry x

Ive got to 20 but still not able to change my avatar - wonder why - its working now!!! im happy

Last edited:
20 posts avatar here i come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this. I don understand the ethos of encouraging people to engage in the community instead of just lurking, and particularly to look at other members' photos and stuff, but I have to say, I do find it it a bit odd that we have to wait to even upload an avatar of our own...:p

Oh well!

Back