Newbie Question Please ? :)

scorpiolady

I hope I am posting this in the right place first of all, and sorry if I am not, I am sure some one will put me right !
OK, I was a slimming world member at the beginning of the year, and did quite well but got sick and was in hospital...long story but I fell off the wagon and have just re-joined.
The format of the meeting now, is the leader with a little hand held device, asking for targets for next week etc....my previous meeting didnt include this at all, it was much more of the leader chatting and sharing tips/recipes and support.
Another friend of mine attends a different meeting, and hers too consists of quick chat around every member and setting next weeks target on the hand-held thingy !!!
So, my question is, is this a 'new format ' to 'Image Therapy' ? In honesty, it doesnt feel awfully helpful, or supportive and I much preferred the 'old way' with much more chat about coping strategies/recipes etc . I would previously leave the meeting feeling inspired and bouyant and frankly my current meeting is dull, boring and very un-inspirational. I want more for my money !
Can anyone tell me how their meeting pans out please ?

Its. Realatively new thing. My C rebelled &
Refused to use it for ages but in the end she had to.

However, she still talks to us all about tips, asks if anyone has anything they want to talk about, and doesn't pressure you to set targets for the next week. A good consultant can use the PDA for finding out your weight loss (or not) but still run a supportive group.

The reason its there is so that the C can look at your overall weight loss, and also if a member doesn't like to talk about gains & has had one, the C can see that before hand and not talk about it - much better than asking someone how they've done & them bursting into tears!

I think they do this but essentially it is "class-driven" - basically, it is what you want it to be. Depends on the size of the group too.

I do get fed up now liteninting to the same stuff over and over - especially when people are not acting on it. It may explain why we have a lot of "weigh-and-run" merchants.

Yes, going round the group and setting a target for next week is ok, but let them know what you would like to see.

Unless you're really shy like me, and scared to say anything:8855:

Steve

We don't set targets for the next week :s seems strange

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Maximus said:
I think they do this but essentially it is "class-driven" - basically, it is what you want it to be. Depends on the size of the group too.

I do get fed up now liteninting to the same stuff over and over - especially when people are not acting on it. It may explain why we have a lot of "weigh-and-run" merchants.

Yes, going round the group and setting a target for next week is ok, but let them know what you would like to see.

Unless you're really shy like me, and scared to say anything:8855:

Steve

Chokes on a snort of laughter!!!!!!!!

Back