Newbie round here!

NewBody

:) hello all,

I started Atkins last friday and have gone through the headache, feeling ill part all weekend but seem betta today (monday).
My problem is my dread of eating the same thing over and over again! :( I really have felt sick all weekend thinking of eating more veg........more salad.........more chicken..........more eggs...........
I did a no carb/low carb diet last yr and lost a respectable 10lb in a month, going on to lose 21lb in total over 5 mths, :D ,
I managed on it last time but i think because it was all new and i welcomed the change!
This time i feel dread!! :(
Example of my menu -
Omellete with bacon and cheese for breakfast,
couple of deviled eggs for lunch,
roast chicken with salad OR brocolli with sugar free jelly and cream for afters.
Been drinking my water, occasionally flavoured with a little freshly squeezed lemon, decafe tea & coffee with cream.
Having a chicken stir fry tonight.
Maybe i just got the beginning blues?? :confused:
I'll push on but its hard when you have a limited list of veg etc which you like.
I've always been alittle fussy with my food, i dont have a vast range of dishes and things i like which doesnt help!
Anyhow we'll see what friday brings, if I get there, wish me luck!!
xx

Hi NB and welcome, go and have a read of the recipe thread, you'll find plenty of ideas there, that plus the "What are we eating" thread s well. :)

thanks jim, i will go have a look.
I've bought all the books, including receipe ones so i'll just try harder. xx

p.s wot a fantastic example you are, you look absolutely fantastic, the photos are great! :)

Hi - I was like that to start but to be honest I have had lots of ideas from this site and I have actually been cooking currys and pork chops for the first time ever!!

Hi NB, and welcome (Im a newbie too ;))
I hope you get over this hurdle, I always find I have to tune my mind into the pro's of the diet, and just forget the cons of it. Try not to tune into the dread you're feeling, switch your mind to forget it, and think of that new body you want :)

Hi there and welcome. I find it helps to plan my weeks menu out ahead so you can plan to have different food each day.

I used to plan my weeks menu's as well back then. I found it wa a great help during induction.

I always plan my weeks menu out too. even down to kebab on a friday ;)
It helps knowing what i going to eat - makng sure im not eating too many carbs. I did the same with ww too in fact I use a sheet similar to theirs to write down what im having.

Back