Newbie saying hello.....

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Richard, 5 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Richard

Richard Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Forgive me if i am posting in the wrong section.....

Hi, recently joined this site, when i discovered it searching for some weight watchers information....

I gave up smoking pretty much two years ago, at which point i weighed 12st 6lb and have slowly been piling on the pounds since to the point where i found myself 1lb shy of 18stone!

So 3 weeks ago, shocked by nearly beeing 18stone and inspired by a woman i had met (that did'nt work out, but i am still inspired...lol) I decided to do the Weight watchers thing, i dont go to the weigh ins, but i do have all the shopping books and other literature, and i have a very good set of scales.

I want to get down to 13st 6lb and in the last 3 weeks i have lost about 17lb although i have to admit i have re joined a really good gym and i go twice daily on weekdays and i only consume 18-25 points a day (but relax this regime at weekends).

I am sure i will reach a wall soon, and the weight loss will slow down, but as long as i am still losing weight (even if slowly) or see myself becoming more toned, i will be happy.....

Thanks,

Rich :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fitz

fitz Lovin it !!! :)

Hi Rich
    Welcome to Weight Watchers - well done on the loss so far - would say though that it is a good idea to have all the points allowed - just so that if you do get stuck there is leeway to cut back if necessary :D

4. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Rich welcome :) .... Sounds like your going great guns already .. i agree with fitz, make sure you use your points up ;) its what they are there for :)

Good Luck

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    hello Richard and welcome. you have done really well so far, and its nice to have another chap in our midst

6. wilyn 205

wilyn 205 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    ww
    hi richard:welcome2: your doing fantastic this ww section very support Im pretty new 2 only a few days in

7. sortingoutmylife

sortingoutmylife Silver Member

Diet:
    WeightWatchers ProPoints
    Welcome!!

17lbs in 3 weeks!? Woohooo - you're going great guns! Pah - men always loose quicker. Not Fair. ;)

Stick around here - it's really helpful and if you have any questions - someone here's bound to know the answer! xx

8. Richard

Richard Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Thank you ladies, you're very kind :) I have to admit i am not so strict with myself on weekends, so i can always (hopefully) cut the treats out on a weekend if it starts to tail off...... But i feel tond better already, and i guess feling better is what its all about.

Rich :)

9. charly.71

charly.71 In the 10s at last!

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    Back to ww old stylee
    Welcome to the gang richard!
    17lbs lost in 3 weeks! thats amazing, well done. x

10. Maisy Mouse

Maisy Mouse Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.3%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Welcome Richard u r doing great keep up the good work x

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

Welcome to the site Richard, good to see another bloke on the boards...oh wait, you're an actual bloke not just a tomboy.
    Well done on your loss so far, good luck. xx

12. CCPM

CCPM Maintaining

Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Great to see another man on the forum, yopu have done really well so far. You do need to have more points though.

Good luck

M

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.