Newbie saying hello!

george2

Hi everyone. I started slimfast last week, and tomorrow morning is my first weigh in!!

I started at 14st 2lb, which at 5ft 2in tall, isn't ideal to say the least!

I lost nearly four stone 4 yrs ago by calories counting, when my consultant advised me to lose weight for an upcoming operation. Slowly over the past four years, the weight has crept back on. So before it's more than what I started at last time, I've decided to do something about it.

I'm not going to spend years and years on a diet. It's now - do it - stick with it til you lose the weight - don't let it be your life. That's my 'mantra' and I'm desperately trying to remind myself of that, and to stick to this new plan.

Decided to give slimfast a go as I thought it would kickstart me. I bought a ton of the stuff from Tesco as it was half price, and I'm so frugal and tight with money it's unreal - so like it or not I'm on this for the next few months!!

I've been reading through some of the posts, and you're all so friendly, and helpful, I really looking forward to joining in, when I can log on.

George2 (girly girl, but my name was taken already!)

lol..welcome to the gang George and to smelly breath and in some cases interesting experiences in the loo :p

We've all stocked up so are in the same boat. I bought latte ones but now am not so keen so have started mixing it with the choc and it's lovely.

Good luck

Gg

stocked up!!! Bloody got six months worth of the stuff!!!!

Welcome george 2.. We are a friendly bunch!! Jump onto a challenge and make losing weight fun!!!

Keep posting on here to and you will et everything from support to sore stomach muscles from laughing so much!!!

Hope your weigh in went well!!!

:) Morning everyone, thank you all for such a really warm welcome! It's lovely.
Gg - what a good idea mixing them - I hadn't thought of that. For the moment I have a mountain of both vanilla, and strawberry cans. And as luck would have it, I like them both, so all is good! The spare room looks like a bit of a seige is about to happen though...food stacked everywhere. I don't keep it in the kitchen, it's sort of a secret. I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but I 'hide' it from people that I'm doing slimfast. It's amazing when people know you're doing meal replacement..they all become food nutritionalists (sp?), and tell you oh, they're rubbish, just eat less, move more...bla bla bla. Either that or they think you must be clinically depressed to be 'resorting' to meal replacements.

Well, they're not rubbish as far as I'm concerned this morning...drum roll...I've lost 5lb in my first week!!!
I'm so pleased. Honestly I can't believe it. My hubbie was at the bottom of the stairs shouting up, wanting to know how I've done and I'm crying, totally naked (not a good look for me!) shoving the scales to all different parts of the bathroom floor, incase it's a mistake, and trying again, and it keeps saying 13st 11lb. I'm soooo chuffed. It turns out I can lose the weight. I had wondered if I was a medical miracle, a case not yet discovered, but no, if I take in less calories, and STOP thinking about food (thank you slimfast!), I can lose weight too.

Blimey, what a long post - thank you sincerely if you've read this far down.
xxx

Well done George! That's fantastic!!! You must be on a real high! And you hit the nail on the head about the not thinking about food too; I tried WW late last year and just found I was always thinking about it which made me think i was hungry and then i'd juggle points to try and eat. At least with SF I have to say no to myself cos there's not much room for manoeuver in comparison.

Thats a fab start George well done!! Thats a motivational story 4 us all when we're feelin weak! WE CAN DO IT!! I am 5"2 too and its hard to carry excess baggage bein so teeny!!

hi george welcome to the forum, well done you have done really well keep up the good work , good luck for the weigh in for tomorrow .
im starting my diet next week . i joined the forum the weekend to read some posts and gain some incouragment before i start my diet next week and im not dissapointed what i have read its a great forum
to be part of.

Hi everyone, just checking in to let you know I lost another 2lb on Saturday, so that's half a stone in two weeks. Whilst I know it won't keep up at that rate, I'm really pleased with slimfast so far. If anyone is thinking of trying it, I'd say 100% go for it. Been great for me so far, even if it's only a kick start to proceedings!

Wow just read over your posts.. (sorry not been around much...)
WELL DONE!!!!

i know what you mean about feeling like slim fast is working.....
and for me it still is (i just need to get off my bum and get moving)

your doing so well, and if you make sure that you keep doing what you are doing then i dont see why you shouldnt keep up the 2lb a week!!!!!
way to go!!

Hi George, Welcome and good luck with your weight loss :)

Well done uve done so well!!

Good luck, I am sure to will do well with all the support on this site :)

Hi everyone. Another 1lb loss this week.
Thank you so much to all for such a warm welcome to the forum - and for all your support!! It's VERY much appreciated.

Quick question...I now have a blender to mix my shakes in. Now...I'm aiming for a McDonalds consistency here, so how many ice cubes should I be putting into 250ml of milk do you think, I've tried four, but they just seem to disappear. Or maybe I'm a bit happy on the pulse button, and I'm whizzing it away to nothing! Any advice on the mixy thing greatly appreciated!

I asked my Dad for a new mixer for my birthday, thinking Tesco, hand mixer type of thing. And he waltzes through the door with a Kenwood kitchen centre massive machine, with everything on it! And I've stared at it for a week - petrified I'm going to break it. I'm looking forward to trying soups, and juices too. It should all really help the diet trials! Never had one before, so any tips greatly appreciated.

I'm so impressed by everyones progress on here, that you've all spurred me on to keep trying. Thank you, really. :eek:

xxxxxx

not sure on the maccas consitsancy..... soorrryyy
but how is the new blender??
and how have you done over the last week??

Hi george,
congrats on your weight loss you're doing fab. :)

I bought loads from tesco aswell, i thought i may as well get it while it's half price! think i may go get some more. i've got about 12 cans.

good luck with the coming weeks (by the way i also move the scales around the bedroom floor to "check" pmsl ;)

Back