newbie, saying hello

sartiff

Hi to everyone,

I've just been to my first weigh-in and thankfully lost 3.5llbs, so I'm happy although I did expect more. But hey ho, onwards and upwards!

However,the reason that I'm writing is that my mom joined with me, and we've followed exactly the same diet, but my poor mom hasn't lost even half a pound!! She is so disappointed.

Is there any advice that anyone can offer?

Hope to hear from you.
Thanks
Sara x

Hello and :welcome: to the forums! Congratulations on a great first week weight loss! A fabulous start!

Advice: Sorry I do not know which diet you and your mum are following I am assuming WW or SW as you mentioned going to WI. I can give advice for WW - Has your mum pointed absolutely everything? Drinking at least 2 litres of water a day? Started an exercise routine even just upping the amount she walks? If so then it may be that her body is getting used to the new way of eating and is slow to react - she will probably see a good loss at next WI. Apologies if you are on SW as cannot give advice for that!

Hope this helps in some way. Good luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Hi and welcome. Great news, congratulations. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get the hang of a diet so tell your mom not to worry.

Irene xx

Hi thanks for the replies. Sorry, we are on SW - we have both documented everything we have eaten, I feel as though we've been eating loads of fruit and salads, to the extent that I'm sick of fruit and salad!! I actually have felt as though we've been eating too much. But neither of us have really had our sins. So she's obviously feeling a bit rubbish at the moment. We're not drinking water either, although I am drinking green tea!!

Cheers x

Back