Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie Saying Hello :)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charley24, 7 September 2010 Social URL.

1. charley24

charley24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hello :)
    I am Charley aged 35 and I am joining slimming world this Thursday.

I started Monday however by remembering what I could from years ago and also checking out Minimins !

I previously did the Cambridge Diet and lost 4 stone in 12 weeks.....unfortunately I have put almost all of it back on in a year.

I am going to try SW and hopefully learn something from this. I tried SW many many years ago but left after 1 week of ONLY losing 3.5lbs and went back to WW where I had larger loses. Problem is, everytime I do WW I end up binging and I leave after a few months. ** Silly me, 3.5lb is not to be sniffed at !!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I digress. I have spent the last 15 years going up - to 17 stone at largest and down - 11 stone after CD.

And yet, still I find myself unable to strike a balance.

I have a new vigour and I am done with faddy diets......I have 54 weeks until my holiday and I would like to lose 54lbs. (i am guessing my weight Thursday will be around 14 stone 5lbs.

I am going to take it very slowly, a pound is a pound after all, and try to really involve myself with cooking and SW !

Already this week I have made Diet Coke Chicken, SW Quiche and Turkey and Mushroom Stroganoff. I am excited about cooking new and exciting meals and also helping the family be more healthy.

The hubby is also going to slim at home and help me too and I am going to return to swimming which I haven't done since December.

Anyways I wanted to say a big hello, I am getting over my 'I feel like a failure' issues - you know, lost it all, put it back on.....and now want to think about my goals and also take it slowly so it will stay off !

I chose Thursday's meeting because it is just round the corner and it's one of my free nights which means I can stay for the Image Therapy and maybe learn more about myself.

So, that is me in a nutshell :)

Waving to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a quick question also !!!! I am doing Red again tomorrow, but would like 50g of dried weight brown rice with my turkey. I know I can't use it as a HEX as it isn't on list.......anyone know the syn value ?

Thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Welcome and good luck on your jouney.
    I don't know the answer on the rice sorry.

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

welcome on board - you sound in a great place to start the plan!!! :D

Rice question - pop a little message in the syn values sub forum - someone will be able to help!!! I would guess 6 syns personally! xxx

5. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there

Rice is 5 syns for 28g (dried weight) - I use 28g and "egg fry" it with lots of veggies to bulk it out ;) -and I find it actually tastes better too :D

6. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Sorry :eek:
    I meant to say "welcome" and good luck :D...

Like you I have done allsorts of diets and really didn't think I would get on with SW (Im was a WW girl) -but oh lordy -I love it :p... even though my first few losses weren't as big as I got with WW, I have lost every week and with non of the "feast or famine" I used to do on WW..
    Im sure you will love it on here -everyone is wonderful and really supportive -if you need to know anything all you ahve to do is ask -and somebody will have the answer..
    good luck !!!

7. charley24

charley24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thnaks Shel, Eli and Capricorn for your welcomes :)

I think I am focused on the fact that I won't be disappointed with 0.5 or 1lb per week even though I lost 51lbs in 13 weeks on cambridge.

I wish I had finished CD and joined a class, but hindsight is a wonderful thing......

As I started Monday and don't join until tomorrow, I am not expecting a large loss like some by next Thursday because I have already begun and I have lost a few pounds this week already.

The funny thing is I have never started a diet without a HUGE blowout the night before, tonight I could go and have a nibble but I feel very full and content after my lovely bacon, tomatoes, egg and mushrooms (fry lited) !!!! And I am quite happy to be on the journey so I am in a happier place !

I will post and let you know how I get on tomorrow at my first meeting !

Thank you :)

8. KarenB

KarenB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome :wavey: Good luck for tomorrow night and the rest of your weight loss journey.

9. nannyto9

nannyto9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Welcome to our lovely family, I try not to look at the slimming world plan as a diet but as a new way of planning and eating my meals.

I find setting myself small targets rather than large ones is also easier.

Good luck

10. Hayleyberrybenj

Hayleyberrybenj Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Welcome:D Wishing you lots of luck with your weight loss xx

11. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Having your head in theright place is most of the battle so you are doing fab already!

12. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the forum and lots of luck with Slimming World. You sound so positive :D

13. rosinakathleen

rosinakathleen Big, busty and Blowsy!

Start Weight:
    24st6lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome!

14. charley24

charley24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you so much for the welcomes :)
    You have all done so well !!!! I love seeing the tickers !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.