Newbie Saying Hello :)

charley24

Silver Member
Hello :)
I am Charley aged 35 and I am joining slimming world this Thursday.

I started Monday however by remembering what I could from years ago and also checking out Minimins !

I previously did the Cambridge Diet and lost 4 stone in 12 weeks.....unfortunately I have put almost all of it back on in a year.

I am going to try SW and hopefully learn something from this. I tried SW many many years ago but left after 1 week of ONLY losing 3.5lbs and went back to WW where I had larger loses. Problem is, everytime I do WW I end up binging and I leave after a few months. ** Silly me, 3.5lb is not to be sniffed at !!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I digress. I have spent the last 15 years going up - to 17 stone at largest and down - 11 stone after CD.

And yet, still I find myself unable to strike a balance.

I have a new vigour and I am done with faddy diets......I have 54 weeks until my holiday and I would like to lose 54lbs. (i am guessing my weight Thursday will be around 14 stone 5lbs.

I am going to take it very slowly, a pound is a pound after all, and try to really involve myself with cooking and SW !

Already this week I have made Diet Coke Chicken, SW Quiche and Turkey and Mushroom Stroganoff. I am excited about cooking new and exciting meals and also helping the family be more healthy.

The hubby is also going to slim at home and help me too and I am going to return to swimming which I haven't done since December.

Anyways I wanted to say a big hello, I am getting over my 'I feel like a failure' issues - you know, lost it all, put it back on.....and now want to think about my goals and also take it slowly so it will stay off !

I chose Thursday's meeting because it is just round the corner and it's one of my free nights which means I can stay for the Image Therapy and maybe learn more about myself.

So, that is me in a nutshell :)

Waving to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a quick question also !!!! I am doing Red again tomorrow, but would like 50g of dried weight brown rice with my turkey. I know I can't use it as a HEX as it isn't on list.......anyone know the syn value ?

Thank you :)

welcome on board - you sound in a great place to start the plan!!! :D

Rice question - pop a little message in the syn values sub forum - someone will be able to help!!! I would guess 6 syns personally! xxx

Hi there

Rice is 5 syns for 28g (dried weight) - I use 28g and "egg fry" it with lots of veggies to bulk it out ;) -and I find it actually tastes better too :D

Sorry :eek:
I meant to say "welcome" and good luck :D...

Like you I have done allsorts of diets and really didn't think I would get on with SW (Im was a WW girl) -but oh lordy -I love it :p... even though my first few losses weren't as big as I got with WW, I have lost every week and with non of the "feast or famine" I used to do on WW..
Im sure you will love it on here -everyone is wonderful and really supportive -if you need to know anything all you ahve to do is ask -and somebody will have the answer..
good luck !!!

Thnaks Shel, Eli and Capricorn for your welcomes :)

I think I am focused on the fact that I won't be disappointed with 0.5 or 1lb per week even though I lost 51lbs in 13 weeks on cambridge.

I wish I had finished CD and joined a class, but hindsight is a wonderful thing......

As I started Monday and don't join until tomorrow, I am not expecting a large loss like some by next Thursday because I have already begun and I have lost a few pounds this week already.

The funny thing is I have never started a diet without a HUGE blowout the night before, tonight I could go and have a nibble but I feel very full and content after my lovely bacon, tomatoes, egg and mushrooms (fry lited) !!!! And I am quite happy to be on the journey so I am in a happier place !

I will post and let you know how I get on tomorrow at my first meeting !

Thank you :)

Hello and welcome :wavey: Good luck for tomorrow night and the rest of your weight loss journey.

Welcome to our lovely family, I try not to look at the slimming world plan as a diet but as a new way of planning and eating my meals.

I find setting myself small targets rather than large ones is also easier.

Good luck

Welcome:D Wishing you lots of luck with your weight loss xx

Welcome!

Back