Newbie saying hello!

I think strawberries were the first fruit I had when i went onto conso - love them!!! But for now you will have to make do with sf strawberry jelly :)

10 days on attack seems an awful long time - is that what the website recommended for you? I had seven stone to lose and I only did attack for 5 days - you don't lose more by staying on attack longer - you need to do what the calculator recommends

Hi Guys, I am using the books not the online site as could not justify the cost to my husband. He is really supportive but this is just one more in a long line of failed diets for me :sigh: the book suggests following the attack phase for between 7 - 10 days for those wishing to lose more than 40lbs. Does the website say something different?

You don't have to join anything to go on the online calculator - it works out how many days you need to do attack for - none of us are members - all the help you will need is in the book and on this forum xx I would go on the website tho just to work out your attack length - it will also tell you how long it should take you to reach goal :) welcome to dukan it's the best diet in the world!!

You don't have to join anything to go on the online calculator - it works out how many days you need to do attack for - none of us are members - all the help you will need is in the book and on this forum xx I would go on the website tho just to work out your attack length - it will also tell you how long it should take you to reach goal :) welcome to dukan it's the best diet in the world!!

Thanks Scooter - I will have a look

Thanks alot Scooter, I went on the website and calculated my attack and is said 7 days brilliant! And as I have already done 4, I am more than half way there :D

Muhahaha that's wicked but hilarious, I just fancied a prawn cocktail sandwich so had one but dukan style with bran bread dukan of course and made a rose marie sauce with yogurt lemon juice cayenne and blitzed tomatoes it was heaven. Keep up the good work xx strawberries and cream will be stainable one day xx

Hi everyone. I'm a dukan newbie. Have been on the attack phase for a week and have lost 7lb so far. Starting to feel less hungry and have a little more energy. Just struggling with he boring food is as I'm a real comfort eater and miss my sweet treats!! I have 6 stone to lose and it looks like a massive task but I'm up for t!!

Hi Sam2003 I started on the 25th April with 6 stone to lose so far I'm 36lbs lighter it's the best diet I've been on and I'm loving it :) good luck on your journey x

Good luck Sam you have come to the right place all the girls and guys? will help you all the way to TW xxx (it will be sooner than you think)

Hi Sam - I agree you've definitely come to the right place - try not to think of it as six stone - just take it half a stone at a time - I had seven stone to lose and it took me a year to lose with dukan - but I faced it half a stone at a time cos in my head seven stone lighter seemed an awful long way off!! - it makes the journey seem shorter :) - you will soon see the pounds melting away - this is the best diet ever - and soon your body adjusts to not having chocolate, pastry, crisps etc and it gets a lot easier as you don't miss them as much - good luck and don't forget there's always support on here xx make sure you always have some sf jelly made up for any sweet cravings you may have :)

Thanks all. Had a great day today. Didn't feel hungry and was busy at work and skipped my usual oat bran and yogurt for breakfast. So tonight thought id try a galette. What a disaster. To be fair I had no idea what it was supposed to be and ended up with a frying pan over full with a light fluffy eggy mixture with lemon extract. My book said 3 eggs!!!!. It all stuck to the pan, eventually turned it over and the bottom was a little burnt. Let it cook through then served anyway. Well it was a lemony eggy omelette and I certainly didn't like it. I thought it was meant to be like a scotch pancake not a soufflé omelette. Ate half of it but couldn't stomach anymore. Where dd I go wrong? Will be having a jelly for tea instead!!

The best thing to make with oatbran is the muffins- they're gorgeous - couldn't have survived dukan without them!!

I use 1 egg, 1 and a 1/2 of yoghurt and 2 oat bran. I make one big pancake and leave it in pan til bubbles appear all over, then turnover and brown for one minute. Have on a medium heat. I add sweetener to my mix and have my gillette with cottage cheese, its lovely to have hot and cold sweet and savoury. Good luck, i'm sure you will find your bran niche soon xx

Last edited:
Hi All

I need some help. Lost 10lb while on the attack phase for 10 days and was really please but since going into cruise my weighjtloss has completely stalled yet ive not cheated once. I know water levels increase a bit but this is ridiculous.

I was stuck at 16st 0lb 3/4 for all of last week then finally dropped to 15st 13lb and 3/4 on monday and now this week im back up to 16st 0lb 7/8.

My daily food intake on a PP day is
Breakfast: FF fromage Frais with Oatbran and Sweetner
Lunch: 100g Smoked Salmon with Quark/Lightest Philidelphi max (30g)
Tea: Marinated Chicken breast and Boiled Egg
Pud: Fat free yogurt - fruit flavoured or sugar Free Jelly
Treat: 1-2 coffees with semi skimmed milk and half tsp sugar ( i cant stand skimmed milk or sweetner in coffee so have droped to max 2 cups aday instead of 6!)

PV Day
Breakfast: FF fromage Frais with Oatbran and Sweetner
Lunch: Half tin Tuna with 1 tb Lightest Mayo, Lettuce, Cucumber, Red Peppers
Tea: Chicken or Steak with steamed veg (Brocolli or Cauliflower)
Pud: Fat free yogurt - fruit flavoured or sugar Free Jelly
Treat: 1-2 coffees with semi skimmed milk and half tsp sugar

do you think that im getting so few calories that my body is in stavation mode so i need to boost my metabolism some how or am i eating too much? I usually go to the gym 4 times a week but didnt get a chance last week as was too busy with work, although i still got the 30 mins of being active a day in.

I'm gutted right now as im eating such boring food, depriving myself of all the yummy sweet stuff i love and ive not lost any wait in 1.5 weeks!

Hiya Sam

Sorry, but I don't think you'll like my answer!

Your diet is too 'dirty' and needs to get cleaner .... sugar isn't allowed, lightest mayo isn't allowed, fruit flavoured yoghurt isn't allowed, fromage frais isn't allowed. For Dukan to work successfully, you really need not to stray from the 'allowed' list of foods.

Hope this is helpful.

P x

Hi Sam - I agree with everything P says - its all or nothing - you must stick to Dr. D's rules to see the results - could you not drink black coffee? After a while you may get used to skimmed milk - I can't tell the difference between skimmed and semi now - I know it is quite a lot of sacrifices but the rewards are amazing - and it does get easier - you will get used to not having certain things and the cravings will stop - stick with it - stay within the rules and watch the weight drop off!! Good luck xx :)

Hi Sam, I agree with above!but I also find the more protien I eat the more I loose, maybe up it a bit! I can eat a whole chicken in a day, and a whole tin of tuna as a snack! Plus lots of other bits aswell. You will get used to going without sugar, it took me about a week and now I don't even think about it! Keep going x

Thanks all, my book has loads of receipes using Fat free Fromage Frais and states 2 fruit yogurts a day are tolerated if they are fat free and under 7% carbs. I can quit coffee (although i was having this during attack and still losing) and stop mayo, although the calories consumed from both must be less than 100 day.

I've calculated all of the kcals i eat in a day and its about 800-1000, regardless of the diet you follow, eating less kcals than you use should produce a weightloss and my BMR is 2400 so it makes absolutely no sense to me. I have to be burning 1500 kcals of fat unless my metabolism has significantly decreased.

i'll drop to 700-900 kcals and quit coffee and Mayo but mathematically it shouldnt matter.

I don't think this diet is about calories! It's about protein, if you don't have enough you won't go Into ketosis, which burns the fat. That's the way iv thought about it anyway x

Back