Newbie saying hi!

amyr3003

Just wanted to say hi to everyone :)

I did Cambridge diet a few years back but could never fully get myself motivated but this time I am 100% motivated!
I am doing SS and started it on Saturday 17th, I'm doing great still, even with having to watch friends sit and eat a Chinese last night!
Quick question really but when I've been really hungry I've been having a tiny bit of chicken and a couple of slices of cucumber, is it ok for me to do this or not?
Thanks guys

Hi...I started on Saturday too. I don't think that the chicken will hurt you much, it is protien. But the cucumber is a carb and it may slow you down from reaching Ketosis. If you are doing ss+ a meal, then OK. SS100% you should avoid all food. Good luck to you.

I'm in ketosis at the moment so it doesn't seem to have affected it really, I'm trying to not eat as best I can but sometimes I can't help it!
Good luck to you too :)

the thing to watch out for is that pre-cooked chicken will often contain salts, sugars and other undesirable stuff. however, if you're cooking it yourself, you should be fine. go very easy on the cucumber, though.

How do you know when u r in ketosis?. I've been on ss for 2 weeks now, doing great 15 pounds down yay,

symptoms vary - but most commonly, you won't feel properly hungry.

Hi Pammi and welcome ...You can get wee sticks from the internet called ketostix. You cdc should have given u a few when you started on cd..

edit - weird, time lagged double post

Hi thanks for the replies I was told by my CDC that cucumber was okay but I've decided to lay off it from now on.
Yeah I have the ketostix which have turned pink so I know I'm in ketosis and dont want anything to ruin my hard work! :)
I have my first WI on Monday which I'm looking forward to!

Please remember NO food references in the 100% section

Thread moved to main forum

Hiya,
I'm a newbie too again after doing it 4 years ago! I started Monday and so far so good
Good Luck
CDG x

Back