Newbie Saying Hi

LilyKat

Hi! :D

I originally joined this forum over a year ago but then somehow managed to lose my log in details (and the site name & address....shoulda wrote them down!!!) so it was a very pleasant surprise to receive an email today :) I promptly logged back in (after sorting out a new password!) and here I am...

I'm Gill, 47 years of age, happily married to long-suffering Neil and owned by our cat Lily. We've been together (Neil and I) for 18 years now and I was a comfortable 10st and size 12 when we first met but somehow the pounds have crept on over the years until now I am a very unhappy 17st :( I lost 2st in 4 months in 2010 by going to my local Slimming World group and really enjoyed how healthy it made me feel but then the group leader changed and the new one wasn't as encouraging (or fun!) and I gradually stopped going and gradually fell back into bad eating habits and put 3st back on!!! :oops: Unfortunately my local group is held on the two nights I work late (they have a new leader now who is supposed to be really lovely) so I haven't been able to attend but I'm still buying the magazine and have a good selection of SW books on my shelves so just need to roll my sleeves up and get myself organised. I found it easier previously to do a weekly meal planner so that's what I need to do now.

Ideally I'd like to get back to 10st (I'm 5ft 5in tall) but am not going to think about that huge target for now but just focus on a stone at a time :cool: Being part of this forum will, I feel, help keep me on the straight and narrow ;)

Anyway....off to explore the rest of the site and meet you all....

Hi, Welcome!
I follow SW too, although having a wobble at the moment lol
I had lost 4st but am currently at a 3st loss, as since June I have been losing and gaining the same 1st or so :confused:
I am 5ft 5 also (I think lol- i'm 49 btw- and sure I keep shrinking in height lol)
My target at the moment is 10st 4 which would take me to just over 5st lost once I get there :)
Good luck on your Journey

Hi Gill
I too have a Neil! I too was 10 stone, size 12 for years. As I got older I weighed 10.7 ish and it was easier to stay at that. I am 5' 7" and rangy (strongly built!). 10.7 will do for me. So 2 stone to go.

Wishing you so much luck in your mission. You can do it!!

:):):)

Back