Newbie slimming world diet daily food have I got this right

Luisalou

Hi all first day on slimming world am I doing this right

Did try weight watchers and lost nothing so switched to slimming world

Breakfast coffee milk and sugar
Dinner jacket potato half a cawilflower a hand full of quorn mince and green beans

Tea time a cup of coffee

Drinks 2 pints of water

I don't have a big appitie for food or drink and find it really hard to eat and drink I gained 2 stone on medication that I'm wanting to get off I couldn't eat anymore has I'm nauseous due to medical problems is that okay why I eaten on slimming world ..?

To add to this I had healthy extra milk allowance with healthy extra oats so simple porridge ... has I'd forgot to have them so I just had them
Now .... somehow I don't feel I'm doing this right ..?

I know you said you struggle to eat but do you think you could manage some speed food - fruit maybe - for breakfast to help get your metabolism going?

If the porridge milk used all of your Healthy A allowance you need to syn the milk in your coffee otherwise you can split it between them.

A handful of berries or something in the porridge woukd help as you always need a third speed foods.

Hope this helps

Hi yeah I shall try all the above , we been hit by snow here so my food delivery hasn't happened it's delayed until tomorrow which isn't helping so my food record is kinda bad today I had 20 cups of coffee and that's all milk and sugar so I've pretty much ruined it ... I've not eaten anything though has I'm having bad Sickness feeling however I'm buying herbal tea for tomorrow so I can quit the coffee addiction .! So today it's now 5pm and I've not had anything to eat but drank more than my suns allowance in coffee oh well
For tea I'm prob gonna have a tuna pasta salad later x

20 cups of coffee? Wowser!

I echo the above, def get some fruit and veg into you. Even if you can't manage much, a small fruit salad with a splash of sugar free lemonade , or a jacket spud with tuna , red onion and sweet corn will all count towards your speed foods for the day.

Please try to eat, even when you don't feel like it. I don't know what meds you are on , but sometimes nibbling on something, a slice of heb toast with sliced banana and teaspoon of honey maybe, will help settle your stomach.

Best of luck on our journey x

Hey sweets thank you for your reply

Today it's 5pm and I only had 2 cups of coffee I'm very proud of that :)

My food today

I pear
Muller light no syn ypgart
I banana

Hand full of raw carrots and some celery

And a syn free slimming world mushroom soup

I have had 3 pints of lemon water

And 4 cups of hot water with lemons in in replace of the coffee

And I done a hour on the exercise bike ...
30 mins am
And 30 mins pm

For the evening meal it's a baked potato tuna in spring water and salad

:)

Your menu looks a lot better today xx

Literally before I couldn't work out why I gained weight because I didn't eat a lot but I ate all the wrong things like zillions of coffee cups all woth sugar and I wouldn't eat all day then like 10pm I'd have a sandwich and some crisps and I used to drink redbull like it was going out of fashion plus been on steroids and absolutely no exercise whatsoever I just stayed home and played video games only activity was house work and with in a year 2 stone up .! 😭😭 I hope now I can lose this I take a lot of medications such has morphin and codeine also a LOT every day and dizapan x 3 per day so that kinda zonks me out and has prob slowed my metoblic rate ... I hope I can lose this 2 stone I feel confident mind you xxx

Stick around here for awesome support and advice .

They've kept me going for years! Xx

Hey @Luisalou, sometimes it just takes someone to point out the obvious 😃

On another note, as a yo yo dieter I know for a fact that eating healthily and doing exercise makes me feel like a different person both physically and mentally.

Hopefully it will have the same effect on you 😀

Thanks Hun well im
On day three now got on the scales and it's up by 6 pounds ...? What the hell is going on I'm totally mind fu***d

I stuck 100 percent to plan and gained 6 pounds in 3 days .. is that even possible imgonna cry I have no clothes that got me and I'm just getting bigger didn't lose on we a thing and gained alsmor half stone in 3 days on slimming world I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack

I stuck 100 percent to plan and gained 6 pounds in 3 days .. is that even possible imgonna cry I have no clothes that got me and I'm just getting bigger didn't lose on we a thing and gained alsmor half stone in 3 days on slimming world I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack

Post you meals what you had over those 3 days so we can see where you might be going wrong. :)

Forget that I've just scrolled up and see your aren't eaten enough. You can't live on coffee alone.

I agree from having a look at the above it looks like you aren't eating enough. I've had weeks on SW where I've put on a couple of pounds for not eating enough, as your body will then store most of what you're eating. You definitely need to eat more free and speed foods - with slimming world you can't eat enough of them! Just snack on loads of fruit and you'll see it drop off within no time.

Hey @Luisalou, sometimes it just takes someone to point out the obvious 😃

On another note, as a yo yo dieter I know for a fact that eating healthily and doing exercise makes me feel like a different person both physically and mentally.

Hopefully it will have the same effect on you 😀

I agree - when I first started on Slimming World - I couldn't believe how much I could eat and lose weight and feel healthier than I'd been for a long time - I even enjoy exercise now ;) Good luck to you Luisaloo xx

Back