Newbie - Some Questions Please

laurawalker85

Hi All,

Have been reading some of your threads over the past few days and have found to be very interesting reading!!
I started the Atkins on Wednesday and am so far loving it, and I feel great too, unlike any other diet I have been on. I bought the book over the weekend and has helped me a lot but I wondered if you guys minded if I joined in and asked some questions?
Basically when I have been shopping and checking the carbs on the pack but I'm not sure as to which one I should be checking - carbs or carbs of which sugars? Also for my dinner tonight I'm thinking of having chinese pak choi/bok choi with mushrooms and asparagus, is this OK to have together or too much green?
Sorry I know silly questions!!
Weighed myself yesterday morning just to see how I was getting on and lost 3 pounds so far and also is TOTM so hoping that by Wed I will lose a bit more.
Thanks for your help all X:D

Welcome Laura.
You should be checking total carbs. The dinner is fine. Just make sure that you count your greens in your 20 carbs.
x

Unless they are products from outside of the Eurozone that is.

Oh what does that mean? Eurozone? Thanks for the response guys really appreciate it. I forgot to ask earlier, is there only certain spices you can use? As I wanted to use one called creole? Its like an american version of our season all/cajun. If not, does anyone have any other ideas on what to spice some chicken breasts with? :)

I meant anything produced in Europe Laura. On spices I use just about anything as you probably won't be using much, I'd still check the lable though. :)

Thanks Jim! :D

No worries love, we all like to help around here. :)

Back