Newbie! Started a day early due to super awesome early delivery!!! Yay!

MissNJ

Hey everyone, i'm Natalie!

New to starting a VLCD using exante and possibly slim & save (have a week taster pack!)

I going to do the shakes only one from exante!

Just drank my first shake.. Strawberry! It was actually really really yummy!

I haven't drunk a milkshake in over 3 years.. So was really nervous!!

I can't wait to get my 1st day done!!

Hve measured every part of my body.. Looking for inches rather than weight, so not going to weigh myself till the end of the first 4 weeks! (hopefully..)

Had my second shake today, vanilla, mixed with 250mls and a few ice cubes crushed up.. Was really milky and creamy.. But I actually liked it! I don't know what's wrong with me.. My head and OCD phobias have made me so scared of milk that I really thought I would find drinking anything resembling them difficult, but I haven't!

Mind -over- matter it seems and I'm not complaining!!!

Going to try chocolate for my 3rd shake, unsure whether to go for a "hot choc" shake, "mixed with hot mint green tea" shake, or standard....

My tummy is rumbling like heck too... But I'm used to that as I've been slowly reducing my calories and food intake until the start of this diet.. Haven't managed to drink more than 2 litres of water yet tho.. NOrmally I would have drunk about 3/4 by now, but that included lots of fruit tea... Not keen on the nettle/peppermint teas..

3rd shake down.. Chose to have choc on ice! Tasted exactly the same as my old protein shakes! Really synthetic.. But grateful of that as I don't like choc at all!!
Can't wait to go to bed tonite tho, as kids eating yummy food by me has killed me! Smelling it and mouth watering.... I miss bread already! LOL
Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day, I'm preempting headaches and hunger all day long...
Just managed to finish 2 litre bottle of water.. Need to get thru at least 1/2 of another before bedtime.. But am off to bed in about 45mins!

foodjunkie10 said:
Good luck it's hard work when you have kids and an oh that eat normal foods x

It certainly is! Thankfully I don't have a partner, or I would find it super harder! I hardly ever eat with kids, so easier to resist.. But making their dinner tonite.. Torture!

But I did it! Day 1 @ 100%! Yay! X

It's very hard to do this with a family to care for. I really struggled the first couple months and my dh and son ate mostly stuff I could cook either in the micro or just pop it in the oven. I've just now got to the point where I can cook from scratch again. I think I enjoy cooking now as I concentrate on making meals healthier then trying for something quick.

Halfway thru first week!!!!

I started this week too! The first couple of days I quite like the shakes and now, on day 4, not so keen!! Love the soups tho'. !!!
First weigh in on mon. - mustn't get too excited but hoping for at least 4lbs Is this unreasonable????

huwiesmummy said:
It's very hard to do this with a family to care for. I really struggled the first couple months and my dh and son ate mostly stuff I could cook either in the micro or just pop it in the oven. I've just now got to the point where I can cook from scratch again. I think I enjoy cooking now as I concentrate on making meals healthier then trying for something quick.

I've just done a huge online shop of food for the kids.. Should keep them fed for a month! Par perishables! I'm quite lucky with my food phobias tho, as I can't eat quite a lot of what I feed them anyways.. So hasn't been to hard so far! Par the bagels!! My kids will only eat from scratch too.. So frustrating as I'm love to feed them quicker meals!! :-(

Xx

boredofbeingfat said:
I started this week too! The first couple of days I quite like the shakes and now, on day 4, not so keen!! Love the soups tho'. !!!
First weigh in on mon. - mustn't get too excited but hoping for at least 4lbs Is this unreasonable????

Congrats on getting to day 4, I'm day 3 so far and already in ketosis and not feeling the hunger pangs!
I reckon 4lbs is completely doable.. :) good luck for Monday.. I'm hoping to hold off for the 1st month! Eeek!
I went for the shakes only diet.. As I don't think I could stomach the soups and bars.. I have huge food phobias!
Xx

Congrats on getting to day 4, I'm day 3 so far and already in ketosis and not feeling the hunger pangs!
I reckon 4lbs is completely doable.. :) good luck for Monday.. I'm hoping to hold off for the 1st month! Eeek!
I went for the shakes only diet.. As I don't think I could stomach the soups and bars.. I have huge food phobias!
Xx

Good luck with holding off for a month - I just gave in and weighed myself - after only 4 days!!! Not a good idea - I'm 2lb heavier!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Serves me right for being impatient I guess - certainly not getting back on them till Monday. Perhaps I should actually leave it for 2 weeks just so I don't get disheartened? Am going to steer clear of the bars for the next few days I think as they're higher in carbs.

xx

boredofbeingfat said:
Good luck with holding off for a month - I just gave in and weighed myself - after only 4 days!!! Not a good idea - I'm 2lb heavier!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Serves me right for being impatient I guess - certainly not getting back on them till Monday. Perhaps I should actually leave it for 2 weeks just so I don't get disheartened? Am going to steer clear of the bars for the next few days I think as they're higher in carbs.

xx

Oh no!!! I'm really good at not weighing myself! I can go months without it, but although the temptation with this diet is making me want to weigh in.. I'm going to be strong!
BUT... Saying that I thought I looked a bit slimmer today, so thought I'd measure my waist and I've gained 1/2 inch!!! Waaaaah!!! I'm hoping it's just cause I'm bloated form drinking about 3 litres of soda water so far today!!

Oh no!!! I'm really good at not weighing myself! I can go months without it, but although the temptation with this diet is making me want to weigh in.. I'm going to be strong!
BUT... Saying that I thought I looked a bit slimmer today, so thought I'd measure my waist and I've gained 1/2 inch!!! Waaaaah!!! I'm hoping it's just cause I'm bloated form drinking about 3 litres of soda water so far today!!

maybe that's it!! Hope so - never been very good at waiting for things!!!!

boredofbeingfat said:
maybe that's it!! Hope so - never been very good at waiting for things!!!!

Me either..!! But I hate my weight so find it easy to ignore! I sure hope that it's a water thing.. Or I'll be disappointed too, as I'm planning on weekly measuring! Haha

Me either..!! But I hate my weight so find it easy to ignore! I sure hope that it's a water thing.. Or I'll be disappointed too, as I'm planning on weekly measuring! Haha

I am premenstrual - maybe that's it - I do tend to bloat up. Oh well - I'm certainly not going to give up now!!!!

boredofbeingfat said:
I am premenstrual - maybe that's it - I do tend to bloat up. Oh well - I'm certainly not going to give up now!!!!

Yay! Don't give up! I'm due next week.. And I bloat like crazy! Look about 9mths pregnant! Haha

I'm struggling today's I feel really awful and sicky.. :-(

Hey guys, I am on day 3, feeling ok hungerwise, but generally like all my personality has been sucked out of me!! Quite fed up and miserable! Help! xx

CurlyCarlz said:
Hey guys, I am on day 3, feeling ok hungerwise, but generally like all my personality has been sucked out of me!! Quite fed up and miserable! Help! xx

Heya!

I'm on day 5, it's been the hardest one yet.. I feel very stressed and withdrawn too.. Freezing cold too! No matter how many layers I put on! :-(

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, I'm not giving in.. Bedtime in a minute and hopefully my hunger will pass!

Xxx

How did you get on hun? I managed the day, thought I would wake up feeling better but have still got a really bad headache! I have had the banana shake today, added a touch of coffee and some sweetner and loads of ice, was ok, might try some cinnimon in xx

Back