Newbie starting SW tomorrow...where'd this weight come from??

Seanin

Hello all,

I'm new to this site, my mum recommended it. I had a read through last night and decided to join as I'm starting Slimming World tomorrow morning.

I only just built up the courage to weigh myself today, and I was stunned. I've managed to somehow gain two stone after basically letting myself go a bit...not good!

I've always struggled with my weight, but managed to control it most of the time (emotional eater, anyone?) and stay around the 9.5/10st range...but now I'm sitting at 11.5 stone and it's a huge wake up call. No wonder I've been looking so much bigger in photos *cringe*!

So, I'm off out for my first walk in possibly years this evening and setting out with good intentions tomorrow morning. I WILL get rid of my chub; it's nothing I haven't done before, but this time I want it to be permanent. Gonna try my hardest to use exercise as much as possible this time around so I'm toned as well as smaller.

My end goal is 9st 5lbs, as my height is around 5ft 3 inches and it seems to be that if I ever hit 10st, I'm up and over the 10.5 mark in no time. I've chosen Slimming World as I've heard so many good things about it, and realise I need to be taught good habits as much as anything else - I've got a long, long history with food.

Goal number one is to reach 10st 7lbs, followed by 10st, and then my ideal weight. I don't just want to use SW to get rid of the weight, either - I'd like to use it as a lifestyle change so that I continue my good habits long after I reach goal weight. I'm so sick of losing weight only to find myself back to square one again a year or two down the line.

Glad I found this site - I think it's going to help loads, and I'd love to offer as much support as I can to other people in the same boat. It's tough work, but worth it in the end!

Hi Seanin

I have just joined today, i was slightly nervous at the start of the meeting, but soon settled in. Alot of my friends have tried this and they have all seen excellent results. I am feeling really positive about my weight loss now, and from looking through diet, I think it a very realistic one to keep up.

I have also started walking every day, just 30mins, but i think every little helps.

Good luck, and please keep me updated :eek:)

Hi girls :)

It does seem like a fantastic site, I have to say. I had a long lurk last night before joining and found myself really motivated just by reading through everyone's posts!

My first meeting is tomorrow morning. I'm not really nervous as I'm taking my mum with me, she knows the drill and has reassured me it's great. I'm more shocked at how much I have to lose than anything else, but I know I'll get there. It'll be amazing to feel comfortable around a camera (big phobia of mine) and not instinctively yank down my top every time my boyfriend comes near me, lol!

I had my walk this evening, I'm also wearing those Sketchers shape up trainers as I picked up a pair for half price months ago and never bothered with them. I have to say, I only walked a little bit (30 mins) just to ease myself back in, but my legs are seriously burning. They're one thing I've always hated about myself, regardless of my size, so I think if I stick with the trainers they'll help with the weight loss and I might just have a nicer pair of legs to show off too :) Gonna do 30 mins walking a day on top of going out for little walks with the kids, walking to the shop instead of driving etc - just little things that make a big difference.

Thanks Irene - day one almost done and dusted! :) I'm on my way to my size tens again!

hey I know you can do it!

Back