Total Solution Newbie starting today

Hi All,

I am just starting TS today, have had my first choc shake this morning which was loverly.

Currently 17st 10lbs - it will be my 30th birthday the end of March 2013 and my dream is to be 12st (I am 5ft 8.5in - the 0.5 is very important!).

I was always a bit overweight by a stone or two but that didnt get in the way, then i became preganant in 2007 and put on a whooping 5st while pregnant... this combined with going back to work to a sedentary job (whereas previously I was on my feet all day) meant that I have hovered around the 18st-18.5st mark since my daughter was born. She will be 4 in August so I feel I can no longer use the "baby weight" excuse!

I have managed to get down to 17st 10lb through healthier eating/increasing the exercise but this has taken me 5 months so I have decided to try exante to kick start the loss again.

I am hoping that using this forum will give me the kick up the backside that I need to get into shape and be a fit mummy - my daughter starts school in September, I dont want to be the fat mummy at the gates, so if I can lose 3st by then I will be pleased :) but anything in the right direction is a bonus.

Thanks for reading :)

HD x

Hello,and welcome. Ur story sounds much like mine. I had my first baby nearly 4 years ago (2more since). I went up to 21stone, from 14.7. Well after my 3rd baby I was still 21 stone. I went down to 18.3 before starting exante. I am now sitting at 13.11. I have been on and off diet since November. My biggest spell was the whole of April. I personally found it hard to do the diet to whole time but this is what I found worked for me.

So, what I am trying to say is I've went from 18.3 to 13.11 since November with spells off the diet, so, if u stick with it and work through the rough times you can def lose the weight you want to! Drink loads and loads of water. Use this forum constantly! Download "myfitnesspal" app to.ur fone and log ur daily food intake - it will motivate u. If u find u r really stugglibg u can split ur packs and have little meals more often. Or if u really. Really, have to eat then high protein n low low carbs x

Thanks time2go - you are a real inspiration doing this and with three kids! Thats amazing, you should be really proud of that. Its good to know you have done it on and off and it has still worked for you.

I am going to download that myfitnesspal app, thanks for the tip.

Appreciate the support :) It is scary thinking about what Ive got to do, but then if I think I am doing it for my daughter sake it becomes easier.

Thank you so much

Forget about what you have to do.in terms of ur ultimate goal and tackle each day. Get to each "meal" that's all u have to do. Get to the next packet with nothing in between if u do that the rest does its self! I can guarantee that your daughter will see a new you, and very quickly! Your energy levels will improve so much. I remember the first day I put skipped.my daughter and that felt.great, better than saying 'u show me" cos I was too unfit. First Time around I lost 33lbs in 6 weeks x

Thanks Everyone :)

Day one went really well.... until I cooked my daughter sausage and chips, she didnt eat all the sausages and I started eating one before I remembered! I hadn't thought about it before but picking at food is obviously a problem of mine too. Good job it was a grilled saugage rather than the chips. I didnt finish it though, which is already a shift in my mindset.

That said I did have a sneak on the scales this morning and already down 2lb in one day :) I have promised myself that I wont look again until weigh in next sunday.

Today is going well too - another realisation for me is that it is the evenings that give me the most trouble, obviously boredem.

Thanks for the support xxx

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey.

I'm the same with evenings, I just take me and my kindle to bed early! :D
You'll find the Exante forum so helpful, everyone is encouraging and inspiring.
If ever you're struggling, pop into the Diary section and read some, also think about starting one yourself :hug99: xx

Back