newbie to cc

Im new to this forum and forums in general I dont how to split up your message to quote it back sorry!

You are so brave going swimming, I wish I felt comfortable enough to do it. It is such a great way to burn off calories and it tones almost every part of your body. I feel the same about a gym, like a bit uncomfortable going to one! I use my exercise bike a fair bit and I have a lot of spare time because I am unemployed at the moment. Not long finished university and finding it almost impossible to find a job in what I want to do.

I found some great work out videos on youtube for arm toning exercises, I made sure they were for women would have to have bulging muscles like men.

I havent used the wii fit so cant really comment on that, I have the wii fit plus I find it is quite fun, they have some enjoyable exercises on there. I love super hoopa hoop! Do you have that on the original? 10 minutes of that and you definately know youve burn a few calories!

Its not that I want to shop in any one shop in particular, at the moment I shop in New look and very rarely Primark and DP. Being a size 12 would be so fantastic because I wouldnt have to think about what shops I want to shop in, I can take it for granted that every shop - except evans! - will stock my size!

It is exciting losing the weight, my boyfriend has such a healthy attitude, quite muscly and runs all the time at the minute I almost feel embarassed for him because so many people must wonder why he is with me but as a size 12 I wont have to worry about that any more!

Sorry for the essay! this whole anonymous thing is great!! Is there any way to private message users on here do you know?

Hope you find work soon, whats your degree in?
I work part time but I have a daughter & today I've been busy running my grandad a few places, so I haven't worked out yet, I'm having tea soon & then I'll go on the wii for an hour once foods gone down & my daughters in bed.

I'm new to the forums really (but an addict already) & I haven't worked private messaging out just yet! I'll have a go later once I'm on the laptop!

Yeah I have supper hula hoop on the original, I love that & like you I alternate between that & advanced step a fair bit!

Your bf sounds hot ;-) haha! At least seeing him so active is another push/motivation for you, maybe one day you could work out together??

xxxx

It was a bit of a random subject I did called Creative Industries Managment, what I want to get into is Music Licensing but it seems like everywhere expects you to have worked for several years in unpaid internships before they even consider you for entry level jobs. I'll get there though! until then I am making the most of my spare time.

Ah I dont know if we could work out together, he would embarrass me with how fast he can run and how much he can do without going purple!

Id love to keep in touch! We do have very similar goals it would be great to have someone to compare stuff to and give each other tips and stuff!

What sort of foods are you eating? I think I could be healthier with my choices, Im under 1500 calories nearly every day but all this 'light' crap is packed full of sugar I dont think its doing much good! Seem to have got stuck at 16stone 13 so it might be time to be even stricter for a week and kick start it again so I can keep up with you!

jayne289 said:
It was a bit of a random subject I did called Creative Industries Managment, what I want to get into is Music Licensing but it seems like everywhere expects you to have worked for several years in unpaid internships before they even consider you for entry level jobs. I'll get there though! until then I am making the most of my spare time.

Ah I dont know if we could work out together, he would embarrass me with how fast he can run and how much he can do without going purple!

Id love to keep in touch! We do have very similar goals it would be great to have someone to compare stuff to and give each other tips and stuff!

What sort of foods are you eating? I think I could be healthier with my choices, Im under 1500 calories nearly every day but all this 'light' crap is packed full of sugar I dont think its doing much good! Seem to have got stuck at 16stone 13 so it might be time to be even stricter for a week and kick start it again so I can keep up with you!

Exercise - done!
I'd like some of your spare time! Lol, but then with less to do maybe I'd eat more!

Haha, I'm worried my weight loss is going to stall because according to MFP my body is in starvation mode, but I'm not hungry! Just most of the foods I'm eating are super low in calories...an example of my food intake, today;

Breakfast: 40g porridge made with skimmed milk with x1 handful of blueberries & x1 handful of raspberries.

10am ish at work I open a fruit salad pot, the ones from Sainsbury about 380g and I nibble on that through until 12:30ish....

Then I have an Ainsley Harriett cuppa soup, I love them!! Sooo many flavours - I recommend(!!) (liked them before dieting) ...then I'm pretty busy with my daughter & out & about that I don't eat until tea & I'll have fish/chicken/pork - steamed/grilled/baked (generous portions) with a big variety of veggies....I'm not hungry afterwards but if I am I'll have more fruit, banana/apple/orange/grapefruit, whatever.

I went to my Grandads today & was really wanting a chocolate biscuit, but I realised it's just a bad habit I got into of having like 4 each time I went to his house!

So, maybe I'll see how much weight I loose by my official weigh day (Tuesday) and if I've not lost much I'll try & up my calories - but I'm not sure what else to include in my diet, it'd have to be fairly low cal still but a 'snack' because it'd be food on the go IYKWIM.

I'm definitely up for keeping in touch, if I can work out how to private message you I'll give you FB details, if you wanted?! If not, then we can keep in touch on here & egg each other on with advice! xxxxx

Jayne, FYI, I don't think you've posted enough on the boards to unlock the ability to send & receive private messages. I tried to send it to you but it said it couldn't be sent & said you either haven't got the permissions or have chosen not to receive them :)

xxxxx

is MFP my fitness pal? I might give that app a go and download it, I havent posted many times thats probably why you cant PM me.

well done for turning down the biscuits! i always feel a little bit happier when I have said no to eating junk like that.

Tried out the free step this morning on the wii thats quite good! a bit slow and its hardly strenuous exercise but you can go for half hour while you watch something else or listen to music and the time goes quite quickly really!

when i have posted a bit more i can send you my FB address and we can keep in touch in there! x

jayne289 said:
is MFP my fitness pal? I might give that app a go and download it, I havent posted many times thats probably why you cant PM me.

well done for turning down the biscuits! i always feel a little bit happier when I have said no to eating junk like that.

Tried out the free step this morning on the wii thats quite good! a bit slow and its hardly strenuous exercise but you can go for half hour while you watch something else or listen to music and the time goes quite quickly really!

when i have posted a bit more i can send you my FB address and we can keep in touch in there! x

I tried free step it really annoyed me because it was sooo slow! When I get home today my wii fit plus should be there :)

Try find me; Rachael Fynn - add a little personal message so I know it's you :) my profile pic is my face in a blurry black & purple effect xx

And I definitely recommened MyFitnessPal, there is a website too but you can check calories of food on the good if you have a mobile app :) xx

Is it just me or does 14 still feel like a bit too much on the heavy side? I would kill to be 14 but I dont want to stop there! 12 seems like a good size to hit, be small but not skinny and still have some shape like a woman not a girl!

Absolutely! I have also never been a size 12 in my adult life so it is completely new territory to be that small. It makes me feel excited just thinking about it! I also agree that it will be good to walk into a shop and guarantee my size will be there. I think my trouble may be stopping when I'm happy because I have a horrible feeling that when I actually get there, I'll still have a lot of problems with my body.

Thanks for the support :) you haven't got long until you can wear a size 12!! I'm envious, lol, but your a great inspiration that I will get there too & it must have taken a lot of hard work & determination! Xxxx

Just read this. Thanks so much!! :D I have had a bad last few days in terms of excessive calories but have come back here this evening in search of inspiration! You ladies have inspired me too. Thank you!

Hi all,

iv just read this thread and have to say, its fab! u all seem so positive and supportive and have a really good 'drive' and attitude towards your weight loss!! i too have a fair amount tolose at 6 stone so i think its great that we all have a simular amount to lose so hope u dont mind me gate crashing your thread :-s

im reasonably new to CC as iv been between diets for what seems like forever! so far my CC-ing has been going well and im learning alot from it, especially making good food choices and looking at portion size, which for me has been a problem in the past as i know i tend to eat more than i should, hence my weight! my exercise has been a problem too as im no where near as active as i was so iv re-instated my gym membership and am gonna start my swimming back up and then my gym sessions as iv really missed it! As iv just come off CD, iv decided not to weigh myself for a couple of weeks as i know il put on a little from reintroducing food again, so id rather not know and hope that when i do weigh in, il be not far off where i left off with CD, rather than seeing a 6-7lb gain :-( which is so disheartening!!

i hope uv all had a fab day and look forward to getting to know u all on here :) xxxx

iv just read this thread and have to say, its fab! u all seem so positive and supportive and have a really good 'drive' and attitude towards your weight loss!! i too have a fair amount tolose at 6 stone so i think its great that we all have a simular amount to lose so hope u dont mind me gate crashing your thread :-s

im reasonably new to CC as iv been between diets for what seems like forever! so far my CC-ing has been going well and im learning alot from it, especially making good food choices and looking at portion size, which for me has been a problem in the past as i know i tend to eat more than i should, hence my weight! my exercise has been a problem too as im no where near as active as i was so iv re-instated my gym membership and am gonna start my swimming back up and then my gym sessions as iv really missed it! As iv just come off CD, iv decided not to weigh myself for a couple of weeks as i know il put on a little from reintroducing food again, so id rather not know and hope that when i do weigh in, il be not far off where i left off with CD, rather than seeing a 6-7lb gain :-( which is so disheartening!!

i hope uv all had a fab day and look forward to getting to know u all on here :) xxxx

Welcome!!
Nice to see another face in another similar situation - in regards to amount to loose :)

Did you loose much on CD? For me, it wouldn't work, I neeeeeed food! Hehe.

I have lost 14lb/1 stone now! Yeyyy - I only started on 25th Jan.

Have you had a look at an app or progam where by you can diarise your food intake and log approx calories, like MyFitnessPal (previously mentioned), if not, i'd certainly recommened that - or something similar.

If you put on a little, try not to be disheartened, you can soon get back on a loosing streak!

2011 can be our year! ;-D

xxx

Welcome!!
Nice to see another face in another similar situation - in regards to amount to loose :)

Did you loose much on CD? For me, it wouldn't work, I neeeeeed food! Hehe.

I have lost 14lb/1 stone now! Yeyyy - I only started on 25th Jan.

Have you had a look at an app or progam where by you can diarise your food intake and log approx calories, like MyFitnessPal (previously mentioned), if not, i'd certainly recommened that - or something similar.

If you put on a little, try not to be disheartened, you can soon get back on a loosing streak!

2011 can be our year! ;-D

xxx

ah wow, your doing great!!! i go on a site called food focus which i find really helpful and i keep a written food log with cals and fat consumed, so i cant go wrong!!! :D tho im not sure how much fat is a sensible amount for me, im keeping it low, well about 40g a day is average so i hope thats ok :confused: cals im sticking to 1300 on a lazy day and 1500 on a more active day, again i do hope thats right :confused:

i lost 11.5lbs on CD but i think about 6 will go back on, but il not let it dishearten me, its just one of those things i have to go through to get onto CCing :D xxx

Even if 6 does go back on thats still a 5lb loss, which is nothing to be disappointed about!

Good luck I hope you get down to the weight you want!

Ah Relle you lost a stone congratulations!! I havent weighed myself in three days Im hoping for a nice surprise tomorrow morning, every day weigh ins were only encouraging in the first two weeks! And in a couple of days Ill have been doing this for a month!

I was thinking about trying something like CD or one of those crash diets for a week or two to kick start the weight loss if i hit a plateau, what was it like? did you have any energy at all? x

Also, Im so glad this thread has inspired people to stick with their healthy eating plans! That's really great to hear!

I tried out MFP this weekend, its very kind, my exercise bike told me I burnt 400 calories but when I put the details of my workout in it said 550 so I definitely like using it now !x

Back