newbie to cc

v12345

Silver Member
Hi all,
after a lot of thoughts, i have decided to lose weight by calorie counting, i have a lot to lose, to have in a healthy BMI, i should lose about 7 stones, :cry::cry:
but i will be happy with a loss of 5 stones, but i have got a very long way to go, not being ambitious but am aiming to lose the 5st by christmas this year, fingers crossed, :sigh::sigh:
i am doing a daily food diary as well, to help keep me focussed and motivated.
hoping to make some friends here and encourage each other in losing weight.
good luck to all on the weight journey.
:):)

Good luck! I'm in a similar situation to you with 7 stone to lose, the food diary is a great idea, reading the calories and fat in foods makes it surprising easily to pick tasty but healthy things to eat. And counting every calorie really helps me stay on track.

Hi, I also had 7 stone to loose, but I've lost 13lb so now about 6 :) I'm calorie counting too. Great to see people in similar situations with weight:) all my friends are skinny mins! Xxxx good luck with your loss xxx

We can all do this together. We will be like our skinny friends soon.
:)

Relle said:
Sounds brilliant! Maybe I'll dare to get in a photo with 'the girls' at Christmas! :-D x

:D
I might do same in a nice size 12 dress :D

That's my plan!

Size 18 by 1st April
16 by 1st June
14 by 1st Sept
12 by 1st December?

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'm hoping determination & exercise to loose inches could mean I could do it...xxx have you got much to loose? I can't see stats from my iPhone :-( xxx

I am 15st8 at moment, would love to get down to at least 11st by crimbo this ur n continual to lose until I reach 9.5st.
Am a size 20 at moment. Like u I hav set mini goals as well.
Lose 1st by end feb,
Lose another 2st by my birthday, 1st of July.
With sheer motivation n determination, we can do it, I know we can.
;-) ;-)

Yes, I'm a size 20 now too :( boo hoo. It'd be so good to pick up a size 12 dress for the Christmas party @ work! And to dress up on Christmas day! I find it really difficult to dress up at this size :( your mini goals sound great! I'll keep an eye on your progress for sure :) xxx

I'm an 18/20 and know exactly what you mean about not wanting to get in a photo with the girls, my friends are super skinny and next to them I look like a total whale!!

My size means unless its a generous 18 it wont be going anywhere near me, so I cant shop in 'normal' high street shops, I would absolutely love to be able to walk into a shop and pick up sizes 10 and 12. I think 10 is my ultimate goal I'd be happy with that.

I'll keep a look out for posts by you guys Relle and V12345 seeing as we are in similar positions which the amount we weigh and what we want to lose, good luck guys! x

I'd love to say lets make it a competition but you are already 3lbs ahead of me and you started like five days after me!

Can I ask have you noticed any change at all in your clothes or appearance? Since I started I have noticed I have so much more energy, I almost enjoy exercise and it is getting easier but size wise I feel no different. I know it wont happen overnight, just curious what you have noticed so far?

hi guys i was following s/w but found i had stopped losing so decided to try calorie counting and have lost 7lb in the last 2 weeks which i am really happy about :)
good luck to you all

I'd love to say lets make it a competition but you are already 3lbs ahead of me and you started like five days after me!
Can I ask have you noticed any change at all in your clothes or appearance? Since I started I have noticed I have so much more energy, I almost enjoy exercise and it is getting easier but size wise I feel no different. I know it wont happen overnight, just curious what you have noticed so far?

Haha, I only wish my weight loss wouldn't slow down, but I'm sure it will!
What exercise are you doing?
I'm walking and using the wii fit, I can't wait to get swimming but I feel as though I need to loose a little more before I'm ready to get into a costume!! Once I'm in a size 16 I think i'll join a few classes too!!

I haven't notcied much, it's minimal but my work trousers are a teeny tiny bit loose around the waise - I think....it's not a dress size yet which is the big thing for me!
I think because I have so much to loose 13lbs isn't that noticeable, I reckon once i've lost another 15lb (taking me to a 2 stone total) I will start to notice big differences, and maybe other people will notice too.
I know if my slim friends would look annorexic if they lost 13lbs!:jelous:lol.

I have more energy too, I haven't missed a day of excercise in 15 days - whoop, I am soooo determind this time.
I also notice my skin is clearer, I have been drinking much more water, so that proabably helps, along with fruit & veg.:D

xxxxx

Relle - I know what you mean! 13lbs is a wonderful achievement, well done. It is so hard when you cannot see much progress through clothes but the amounts speaks for itself - you have done brilliantly!

Seems a lot of us covet that magical size 12! We can do it!!

Thanks for the support :) you haven't got long until you can wear a size 12!! I'm envious, lol, but your a great inspiration that I will get there too & it must have taken a lot of hard work & determination! Xxxx

Haha, I only wish my weight loss wouldn't slow down, but I'm sure it will!
What exercise are you doing?
I'm walking and using the wii fit, I can't wait to get swimming but I feel as though I need to loose a little more before I'm ready to get into a costume!! Once I'm in a size 16 I think i'll join a few classes too!!

I haven't notcied much, it's minimal but my work trousers are a teeny tiny bit loose around the waise - I think....it's not a dress size yet which is the big thing for me!
I think because I have so much to loose 13lbs isn't that noticeable, I reckon once i've lost another 15lb (taking me to a 2 stone total) I will start to notice big differences, and maybe other people will notice too.
I know if my slim friends would look annorexic if they lost 13lbs!:jelous:lol.

I have more energy too, I haven't missed a day of excercise in 15 days - whoop, I am soooo determind this time.
I also notice my skin is clearer, I have been drinking much more water, so that proabably helps, along with fruit & veg.:D

xxxxx

I use the wii fit too, the routines are quite good where you pick from the miis overindulged or arms, i normally put a few of them together and do at least half hour. Or hula hoops then steps and repeat that 4 or 5 times.

Ive also got an exercise bike I bought a few years ago, I cycle about 100k a week on that and try to walk everywhere rather than take the car.

And my boyfriend gave me some of his tiny little weights, dont want to get muscles exactly but just tone up a bit. Obviously that wont show for quite a while but when i do get down to size 12 or less I should be able to see a difference in muscle tone!

Im exactly the same I am up to 11lbs now and it seems like a lot, if you had told me three weeks ago I would manage to lose that much I would have been shocked but no noticeable difference yet. You are probably right about the 2 stone noticeable difference.

I am trying to avoid trying any new clothes until I lose at least 2 stone, will be brilliant to pick up a size 16 and not have the blood flow to arms totally cut off by sleeves!

Relle - I know what you mean! 13lbs is a wonderful achievement, well done. It is so hard when you cannot see much progress through clothes but the amounts speaks for itself - you have done brilliantly!

Seems a lot of us covet that magical size 12! We can do it!!

Is it just me or does 14 still feel like a bit too much on the heavy side? I would kill to be 14 but I dont want to stop there! 12 seems like a good size to hit, be small but not skinny and still have some shape like a woman not a girl!

I use the wii fit too, the routines are quite good where you pick from the miis overindulged or arms, i normally put a few of them together and do at least half hour. Or hula hoops then steps and repeat that 4 or 5 times.

Ive also got an exercise bike I bought a few years ago, I cycle about 100k a week on that and try to walk everywhere rather than take the car.

And my boyfriend gave me some of his tiny little weights, dont want to get muscles exactly but just tone up a bit. Obviously that wont show for quite a while but when i do get down to size 12 or less I should be able to see a difference in muscle tone!

Im exactly the same I am up to 11lbs now and it seems like a lot, if you had told me three weeks ago I would manage to lose that much I would have been shocked but no noticeable difference yet. You are probably right about the 2 stone noticeable difference.

I am trying to avoid trying any new clothes until I lose at least 2 stone, will be brilliant to pick up a size 16 and not have the blood flow to arms totally cut off by sleeves!

I've found a local gym with a female only gym suite, so I may go and take a look at that over the next couple of weeks, you don't have to sign up long term, you can PAYG or pay a month at a time.
I bought Davinas dumbells from Argos with the aim to tone my arms too. I've decided to just bite the bullet, I've bought a new cossie in a Long size 20 and I'm gonna start swimming in the next couple of weeks, maybe i'll swim 3 times a week and walk/wii fit inbetween. I currently have the wii fit, but just bought wii fit plus, it should arrive tomorrow (bought it from Amazon) and hopefully that'll be better, I've been getting a bit bored on the original, from what I have read on here the 'plus' is more enjoyable.

Which shops are you despeate to shop in? :D

Is it just me or does 14 still feel like a bit too much on the heavy side? I would kill to be 14 but I dont want to stop there! 12 seems like a good size to hit, be small but not skinny and still have some shape like a woman not a girl!

I think at a 12 I'll look quite slim as i'm 5'9, so I should carry it ok, I think although a 10 sounds wonderful, I'd struggle to maintain at a 10! I think for me going from the 14 to the 12 will be about the toning up. I'm so excited about being an 'average' size again, i'll actually scream when I put on a size 12 dress, especially if its in time for the Xmas party :D:D:D:D:):):)

Back