Newbie to Lipotrim, hello all

bellyman

Hi i'm Pete (bellyman) thought i'd use that name as i'm a man of the world who has got a bit lumpy around the equator.

Since my mid thirties I have put on weight and have tried several diets, (Atkins, Weight Watchers, Cabbage soup Diet, Slim Fast). The most successful one of those was weight watchers and I lost 50 Ibs over 12 weeks and got down to 14 stone 2 pounds. My wife made me stop because she says I got to thin and was looking ill. She was also sick of people telling her to feed me.

Over the last 4-5 years the weight has slowly crept on month by month and I decided to try Liptrim when I reached my heaviest weight of 19 Stone.

I have been on for 5 days now and lost just over 7 pounds.

Start 120.3kg
31/07/09 1st week (5 Days) 116.9kg

I felt hungry the first few days, had a few headaches. I think the diet replacement meals are bland but I am stubborn minded and always stick to something when I put my mind to it. Been on shakes and soup.

My wife has already told me to stop this diet as she doesn't believe someone my height and weight can survive on a no food diet without getting ill.

Welcome To LT Pete!!

I think you have done brilliant for your first five days and I can understand where your wife is coming from with the concern. My mum has been on the phone to me every day of my diet to tell me that she has heard this and read that lmao. She is concerned that too much water will be harmfull to me. I can just about manage 2lt plain water and maybe just over 1lt for the shakes. She thinks thats too much. I think her words were "You are going to dilute yourself" hahahahah

You are doing fine hun and I have done alot of research this past week and cannot find anything negative about the Lipotrim program.

The important thing is that you lose the weight and feel good about yourself. Keep up the great work.

Hi,
please assure your wife that you should only get healthier and happier by being on this diet, as it is perfectly balanced.
It is designed to be bland so to NOT stimulate your taste buds. You will get used to it! I still hate the flapjacks and soup tho!!!!!!
Keep at it and don't cheat, then you wont need to be on it for too long
Keep in touch on here for loads of support, and anyone will answer your questions - no matter how silly they seem to you.
xx

Hi Pete

Welcome to you and I wish you all the very best on your LT journey.

You are not alone regarding people thinking the diet is not good, etc....unfortunately, most people that I tell are horrified, and that is 11 wks on and they can see how much I have lost. There is just a lot of ignorance and I think we live is a society where we have what we want, blah, blah, blah!!!

You have to just reassure your wife that GP's and pharmacies wouldnt touch this with a barge pole if it was dangerous. I think the main problem is that people lose weight quickly, then start over eating again and put it back on! This has given it such bad press and reputation.
So, it is up to us to show that this doesnt have to happen.

You need to use the time wisely and understand why you put on weight. If you lose, then go back to eating as you did before, then you will put it on again. So, it is all about moderation and learning how to eat healthily....maybe get her to look at the maintenance part of the forum, as there are people on there who have been maintaining for a while...so it is achievable.

I wish you all the very best and you have made a good decision. Good that you are stubborn, it will go a long way! I am too :)

Keep drinking the old juice (water), and dont miss your shakes, and you will do ok. Keep coming on here for any help, support and just to come on and chat. There is usually someone on.

Take care and good luck!!

Hi

A lot of people respond negatively - I saw a friend of mine I've not seen since a month before I started & even though she acknowledged I looked a lot better she kept bringing it back up, "what happened to exercising & eating less?" which was a bit of a shame as I thought she'd be more supportive. People just find it difficult to have faith in something that they don't really know enough about. Also, I don't want to sound rude - but, I think there might be an issue that you need to sort out regarding last time you lost weight on Weight Watchers, I don't know what a good weight for your height is, but, I'd be concerned that your wife asked you to stop that diet also? I think a lot of people have issues with you becoming someone other than who they think you are (I know some of my friends are already saying I'm "too thin" when I'm still obese!).

Good luck with your Lipotrim journey! That's a great loss so far!!

Hannah

hi and welcome ! best of luck, u sound really positive and your mind made up, so u half where there!!!! ;)

Welcome pete, its great to have more men on the site as we look forward to the progress pictures to drool over! LOL

Welcome Pete & Good Luck!!!

I too would wonder why your wife isn`t keen for you to lose the weight :( Maybe she feels a little insecure that if you lose it all you will change and she`ll lose you?

I`m new to the diet too, I started on Monday!

Where are you getting your packs from? I live down the road from you in Camberley and get mine in West Byfleet. The chemist on Giffard Drive in Farnborough was going to start selling it last Monday but when I spoke to them they didn`t really seem to understand much about it =/ So I thought it best to go further to WB and see someone who is knowledgable.

Look forward to hearing your first weigh in result!

LiSe Xx

Back