newbie to lipotrim..... please tell me its worth it

lea.lea83

Started my first day on lipotrim yesterday and just got to say for me its awful:cry:. Was all ready to give up until I read this forum. Never used a forum before but after readin a few blogs and seeing the support you receive thought I'd give it a go rather than just give up.

I'd like to lose around 60lbs on this. Iv tried everything,weight watchers, slimming world, gym, starviing myself. I even joined a boot camp around 4wks ago but still can't shift even 1/2 a stone. Didn't really think I was a particularly bad eater but maybe I'm kidding myself haha. After having my 2nd child 6mths ago and putting on nearly 6st it seems harder than ever to kick start the weight loss.

Started lipotrim yesterday. Only have 3 flavours to choose from: chocolate, vanilla, chicken. The chocolate wasn't so bad! Palatable at least. The pharmacist told me that some ppl mix the vanilla woth hot water and coffee to make a sort of latte (all I can say is not sure where he gets his lattes from :&) for tea I had chicken, all to be returned today! I nearly threw up lol! The thing I think I'm strugglin the most with is the drinks. I'm a BIG coffee drinker. Plenty of milk no sugar. I'm really missing that, and its only my 2nd day. have a headache already and my mouth tastes funny. All part and parcel though if I want to lose the weight... So wish me luck, hopefully Il have the will power like the rest of you to keep going!!

Also any advice on gettin through this, drinks etc wud b greatly appreciated xx

Hi Lea, I've just finished my 10th day and lost 12lbs in my first week so yes, it is worth it. I know what you mean about the hot vanilla/coffee combo - yuk, and for me the chocolate was even worse. But I had it hot and reading this people say they tasted better if you put them in a blender with ice and the water. But as I don't have proper blender I've been on the strawberry shakes only which I mix with a hand blender and I really like them. Not sure how I'll feel after 4-5 months though! I know what you mean about the coffee; I was a plenty of milk but no sugar girl myself and having to go 'back to black' (I drank black in my student days because we didn't have a fridge and the milk always went off). Drink lots of water, but not more than 4 litres, use FibreClear in hot drinks to help keep hunger pangs at bay between shakes and with the old bowel movements, ask your pharmacist for some of the fresh breath strips to deal with the horrid taste in your mouth, keep logging on here and remember the first few days are the worst, if not physically then mentally. I had a few wobbles in my first week but didn't crack and I can honestly say that today I've started to feel that this is getting easier. Did you know it takes 21 days to embed a new habit so I believe that, if you can get to three weeks, the rest of the time will be lots easier, even if it's not exactly plain sailing. Good luck and let us know how you're getting on. Your first weigh in will give you such motivation.

hey hun, its my second day on it.. im ok durin da day but da hunger sets in at night.. i only like da choc so im afraid of gettin sick of it! only thing keepin me focused is da end results(thats if i get there) i need 2 drop just over 70lbs.. suppose to get easier after da 3rd day so best of luck chick, im sure we can do it if we put our minds to it x

Aw thanks girls! Am definitely goin to ask for the breath strips! I'm soooo paranoid that ppl will smell bad breath on me lol. Went boot camp 2nite also wasn't as bad as I thought it wud hav been with lack of energy but the headaches back with vengence and my stomach is rumbling like mad!! Still like u say it takes a while for a habit to become a habit!! Its only day two for us bubbles let's c when we hav our first weigh in! Its defo gona b a motivator like cates said!! Well done on the 12lbs! Keep u all posted x

Started my first day on lipotrim yesterday and just got to say for me its awful:cry:. Was all ready to give up until I read this forum. Never used a forum before but after readin a few blogs and seeing the support you receive thought I'd give it a go rather than just give up.

I'd like to lose around 60lbs on this. Iv tried everything,weight watchers, slimming world, gym, starviing myself. I even joined a boot camp around 4wks ago but still can't shift even 1/2 a stone. Didn't really think I was a particularly bad eater but maybe I'm kidding myself haha. After having my 2nd child 6mths ago and putting on nearly 6st it seems harder than ever to kick start the weight loss.

Started lipotrim yesterday. Only have 3 flavours to choose from: chocolate, vanilla, chicken. The chocolate wasn't so bad! Palatable at least. The pharmacist told me that some ppl mix the vanilla woth hot water and coffee to make a sort of latte (all I can say is not sure where he gets his lattes from :&) for tea I had chicken, all to be returned today! I nearly threw up lol! The thing I think I'm strugglin the most with is the drinks. I'm a BIG coffee drinker. Plenty of milk no sugar. I'm really missing that, and its only my 2nd day. have a headache already and my mouth tastes funny. All part and parcel though if I want to lose the weight... So wish me luck, hopefully Il have the will power like the rest of you to keep going!!

Also any advice on gettin through this, drinks etc wud b greatly appreciated xx

I had no problems adjusting at all 1st time round and used to read posts of people struggling and wondering why.

I then started again last week and it all falls into place now. My 1st 6 days were utter hell but I've turned the corner now, getting weighed today and have finally settled. Strange really but trust me, stick with it, it is well worth it. I've taken a break of 6 months, put on very little (I hurt my back at Christmas so i put this down to the slight gain) and am now aiming for another stretch to reach goal. It is without doubt the best decision I've ever made to try this out and if you give it time and plenty of dedication you will see extremely impressive results.

The nature of it makes it in some ways very easy as there is basic strict guidelines that are straight forward and leave no room for doubt or error, on the other hand it is one of the toughest out there short term.

Any questions, doubts or problems you have come on here before doing anything drastic, it is a life-saver.

Good luck, just focus on making it to your 1st weigh-in and things will look after themselves from then on.

It's my 1st day on lipotrim today, and I feel alot better and confident about it , and its all due to these forums, the girls are so supportive. I hope u do well xx

This forum does help so much! I log in every morning, and read the posts and stuff. I log in at dinner, at teatime, before bed.. i'm always lurking around the corner waiting to log in :D It really is a lifesaver. Im on '2nd round', only managed 1 week first time, gave it 3-4 weeks and i'm on day 2 today. Keep going at it! x

OK......it's worth it:D

Agreed!! Every1s comments and achievements really do keep you motivated!! Day 3 today!! Less energy and more of a headache but am v sure that the headches are more down to the fact that b4 startin LT I used to drink upto 10 cups of coffee a day and now I can barely get through 1. The water is a big help. Here's something: I was so busy tryin out different ways to disguise the taste of the shakes ie: adding coffee to vanilla, hot chocolate that I never tried them as just cold shakes.... Turns out there not that bad and easier to drink!! Who knew lol I might even giv the mousse a whirl! Good luck every 1! Thanks for the support x

Hey, not just the girls ! ;)

Andy Gray and Richard Keys got sacked for less !!
Haha yes sorry Sean lol, i have slapped my own hand

Its defiantely worth it & you are too !!!!

Welcome back Sean.. Restarting is a pig isn't it??!! lol

Good luck lea.. It does work hun, but keep at it.. After your first weigh in you do get motivated more... Keep logging on here, asking anything and everything you need to - no topic is out of bounds on here!! lol

Make water your best friend, make sure you have plenty of loo roll as you will be running to the toilet a lot initially, log on here as often as you can, and keep an eye on your bowels!!!

We are all here for the same reason hun, and the people on here really make a difference x x

hey I am on my first day! And well I kind of hate the shakes I have to force myself to drink them, the highlight of my day was black coffee with a sweetener (actually cannot believe I drank black coffee would have never done it before, but I really needed it!). I don't care if I hate the shakes for the next 10 weeks I am sticking with this and hopefully will see results! I have tried everything weight watchers gym nothing works so I am praying that this works!

By the way does anyone know of any breath mints or gum that can be used I have horrible tastes in my mouth!

No gum I'm afraid, you can get strips that dissolve on your Tongue forget what their called now hth :)

And no gum!!

:)

Back