Newbie to slimming world

You could add peppers, onion, mushrooms to your pasta for lunch if you wanted? They say the rule is at least a third of the plate needs to be super free, which is your fruit and veg. You really can eat as much as you want if you stick to that rule :) Also on Extra Easy it's one HEa and one HEb. You can also mix it up with the red and green days if you want. Good luck xx

You could add mushrooms, onion and peppers to your pasta at lunch if you wanted. The rule of thumb is to have at least one third of everything you eat needs to be super free. Super free foods are your fruit and veg. Good luck :) xx

If i eat a banana raw is it a syn? Or does it become a dyn because I blended it?

thanks

Only raw fruit is free (fresh or frozen). If you cook or puree it it is synned.

Lucy_Lou said:
You could add mushrooms, onion and peppers to your pasta at lunch if you wanted. The rule of thumb is to have at least one third of everything you eat needs to be super free. Super free foods are your fruit and veg. Good luck :) xx

The op has already stated that they'd added a bag of asda veg to their pasta(think you may have missed it as its in a new line)
Also not all veg is superfree-it's only the veg listed on the red pages in the old books, and the orange pages in the new one. Basically all none starchy veg(so not potatoes, peas, sweet corn, etc)

Ok, this is how my day has been so far- I appreciate any good or bad comments

1 x Banana + 1 x Orange smoothie (10 syns)
1 x 50mm of milk
1 x banana
1 x fat free activia vanilla yogurt
1 x Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce + asda bag of veg (1 syn)
1 x kiwi
1 x Extra lean beef burger with red pepper and onion
Cheddar cheese.
1 x Wholemeal bread bun
Sw chips
0.5 tin of Baked beans in tomato sauce.

thanks

Ok, this is how my day has been so far- I appreciate any good or bad comments

1 x Banana + 1 x Orange smoothie (10 syns)
1 x 50mm of milk
1 x banana
1 x fat free activia vanilla yogurt
1 x Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce + asda bag of veg (1 syn)
1 x kiwi
1 x Extra lean beef burger with red pepper and onion
Cheddar cheese.
1 x Wholemeal bread bun
Sw chips
0.5 tin of Baked beans in tomato sauce.

thanks
Did you measure your cheese and bun? You dont get much cheese for a HEXA (30g of cheddar), and not many rolls are small enough to be a HEXB. I'm assuming you've synned the milk? Or was that part of the smoothie?

Your lunch looks OK, veg with your pasta & sauce.

Where is your superfree at dinner time? It looks like you've had burger in a bun with beans, chips & cheese? Theres no superfree there except the pepper & onion. It does need to be at least 1/3 superfree. You would be better replacing either the beans or chips with some salad (doesn't have to be green salad - homemade coleslaw or veggie salad would do), or you could serve it with veg, asparagus or something would go well with it. Or you could just make your chips superfree by making them out of celeriac or swede or squash or something?

I thought we had a milk allowance of 350mm? It was a small whole meal bun so have included it as a hexb. I am learning, so I am rubbish till I learn the rules.

Thank you for your patience

Xx

I thought we had a milk allowance of 350mm? It was a small whole meal bun so have included it as a hexb. I am learning, so I am rubbish till I learn the rules.

Thank you for your patience

Xx

You get 375ml skimmed milk, or 250 semi-skimmed or 175ml whole milk, but I dont think youd be able to fit both the cheese AND the milk in as one HEX as you really dont get much cheese for 30g! But I might be wrong, maybe you used a teensy thin slice? Or a reduced fat version? You do need to measure HEXes though, its amazing how small 60g of bread and 30g of cheese are. Ive only met one brand of roll that fitted a HEXB.

Youre not rubbish, everyone has to learn, youll get there! :) Youre doing pretty good I think :)

This is why I only do green days, so much simpler lol! You can have 42g reduced fat cheddar as a hexa, so you could get away with the cheese and milk :)

Once you've got the hang of it it's much easier I promise!

Back