Newbie to the forum

Hi everyone my name is illumination, :)
I’m 31 years old and currently about to try the Mediterranean diet to stick with as a long term weightloss and management solution.
I would love recipe ideas, but have to make them easy cause I’m not that great of a cook lol.

I started my weightloss journey in 2016 when I hit my heaviest of 90kg sine I’m only 1.59 m and should be about 65kg I realised I was very overweight for my size, my doctor stated that I needed to lose some weight. So I started on my journey and god was it hard it has taken till now 2018 to go from 90kg to 78kg because according to a DNA diet and fitness test I genetically have the worst genes and my body wants to store fat so have to over come that to lose any weight :mad:

My states from the begaining
Initial: 90kg, waist:103 cm, belly (around the belly button) also 103cm
Current: 78kg, waist 81cm, belly (around the belly button) 84 cm
Currently trying to reduce that measurement as it is where I carry most of my weight, so I can go on vacation to gold coat next year in November wear a bikini and feel great about myself for the first time in more than 11 years when I started and completed putting on the weight.

I hope everyone else’s journey is going well and I can make some new friends to help motivate me and me help them so we can all reach or goals.

Welcome illumination:classic_smile:

Congratulations on your weight loss:0clapper:

Good to have you with us...if you need any help please ask:classic_smile:

Thanks I think the journey is some much easier for everyone if they have support :D and congratulations on your weight loss as well keep at it
So true:classic_smile:

9 weeks to Christmas and I have my heart set on losing a stone:classic_roll_eyes:...have you set yourself any mini goals?

Hi Mini, great you have that goal you will have to work hard to get to get there. I’m sure you will succeed ☺️
When I first started my goals, it was get under 80kg and to get my waist and belly under 90cm which I got to finally it took a while 😆 then I made a couple of new goals which are:

1. Get close to 70 cm around waist and belly (will stop before that if I find that I’m happy)
2. Approx 65 kg in weight
3. Get into a special dress the my nana made approx size 10: current size 12/14
4. Get into a bikini by November next year

To get to my goals I plan to break down them down to a couple kg and cm at a time till I get there

Back