Newbie to the Site - Already feeling like a failure

debs1966

Hi Guys

Great to have found such an informative site with people like minded who want to achieve their desired Goal.

Well after many yrs of a stone here and a pound on there I decided to go on All About W8 this week and already feel like a failure...

After 4 days in I just couldn't stomach the shakes and found myself coming out in cold sores and spots (would be interesting to know if this has happened to anybody else). Also, I feel very weary and don't feel I can continue on this..

On a positive note though I have been to the Gym because I have a weakness for bread mainly, is there any quick and effective diets I could try please instead?

Debs x

Hi Debs welcome to the forum. Have you considered doing a healthy eating plan rather than a food replacement? If it is making you ill it may not be for you. You will find information on every type of diet on here and full support for whatever you choose so take a good look around and ask questions if you want to x

Welcome to Minimins, our friendly forum. Good luck on ur weight loss journey. I'm doing the W8 rapid week5 and the only problem I had was a slight headache for a day or two. As Taz said maybe u should try out another diet, one that would suit u more.

There is a W8 section forum on here. You can ask ur questions there and find out if anyone has had the same probs as you. We r a very supportive and friendly bunch.

Hi Guys

Great to have found such an informative site with people like minded who want to achieve their desired Goal.

Well after many yrs of a stone here and a pound on there I decided to go on All About W8 this week and already feel like a failure...

After 4 days in I just couldn't stomach the shakes and found myself coming out in cold sores and spots (would be interesting to know if this has happened to anybody else). Also, I feel very weary and don't feel I can continue on this..

On a positive note though I have been to the Gym because I have a weakness for bread mainly, is there any quick and effective diets I could try please instead?

Debs x

hey Debs - sorry ur feelin so low...please don't beaturself up - these kinda diets aren't for everyone.....:rolleyes: what about trying healthy eating - fruit, veg, chicken, fish etc etc.....?? that might work better for you......

good luck with your choice !

Debz xxx

Hi and welcome. It could be that W8 is just not for you. But don't feel a failure as there are loads of diets out there it is just finding the right one

Let us know how you get on and good luck

Irene xx

hiya debs and welcome. just a very quick message from me as im short on time. it looks like you have only been on the diet for about 4 days or so (less than a week)? anyway if W8 is a VLCD like Cambridge or Lighterlife then the first week can be a little difficult for some people. im on Cambridge and for the first week i felt a bit 'dicky'. the packs have lots of vitamins and minerals which youre probably not used to yet. try splitting your packs and drinking a little more water to dilute them. you should soon start to feel much better. i feel great now. also if you have upped your water intake you may just be gettin more spots etc as your skin is being 'flushed out'. i went through a spotty stage but now my skin is so clear and im getting complements about it.
also you may be weary because youre doing a little too much at the moment by going to the gym. remember if it is a vlcd you are doing you are only on a small amount of calories a day. take it steady for a while and work on toning rather than fat burning.
let me know how you get on.
again sorry for the rushed reply!! and i hope i havent got W8 all wrong and its not a VLCD after all!!!!! lol

Keelie xxxx

Hi Debs, you're not a failure!- just sounds like W8 may not be the thing for you. Could you bear to lose slower with a healthy-eating type of plan? Well done on the gym tho!!

Hiya & :welcome: to minimins.

Losing weight is the hardest thing I've ever done so don't feel like a failure, non of us find it's a walk in the park!

Maybe you just need to find a diet better suited to you.

Good luck on your journey. x :D

Welcome to Minimins

Just because the diet you chose wasnt for you doesnt make you a failure, the right diet IS out there, its just a case of finding it xx

Hiya Debs, I just want to echo, what everyone else has said. You're not a failure!!!! Its not easy finding the diet regime that suits you. I find a healthy eating thing does it for me. Was never very good at the food replacement thing. The weight comes off slowly with what I'm doing......between 2- 3 lbs a week. I'm kinda happy with that. Hope you find what suits you and your lifestyle. There are loads of informative forums on here about everyway to lose weight. Its the best weight loss forum on the planet. Good luck, we all know where you are and where you're coming from.
Janey xx

Back