Newbie to this section.. but not to Minimins :)

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
here I am.. nervous, excited, and ever so slightly shocked! :D

I've been on Cambridge diet since the end of January, and have lost 2 and a half stone.
I have struggled the last few weeks - not like me - and have eaten here and there most days but not quite all.

Well after a few days away I came home yesterday feeling queezy.. putting it down to my youngest having a bug before I left home - well... it's not that at all! lol

You guessed it.. I added 2 and 2 together and realised, sore boobs, AF late and queezy again today... so did a test showing a BFP :)

Our youngest daughter is 4 and adopted, our eldest is our birth daughter and has just turned 10. :) We foster a 10 year old girl too.
So... looks like the patter of little feet will add to our already busy house and enrich our lives even more :)
I had a miscarriage a few years back, but have already passed that date, so am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that this baby is ultra sticky and the symptoms are a good sign.

Have just taken some sennocot too as am constipated! lol pregnancy joys eh!?

Look forward to getting to know you all and being good about my eating with your help. :)

I have just had quorn and salad in wraps :D was lovely, though I had to force myself to eat as I'm not even hungry! lol Will be great if that lasts throughout my pregnancy I must admit :D.

Thanks for listening to my rambling! ;)

Congratulations PH, you must be so excited in between the nausea and chaos with your other kids.

How far on are you and when is your due date? Probably near Christmas I'll bet, typical, you'll have to do all your shopping online..........or better still get your OH to do it.

po

Wow congratulations hun! So you have plans for your diet during your pregnancy?

Thanks both :)
Yes it is still somewhat caotic! lol Have given OH strict instructions that our bedroom MUST be decorated before baby arrives!
I'm 4 weeks 3 days according to my calculations, and therefor due 23rd December! lol
Am waiting till tuesday to see / speak to my GP about midwife appointment as I want the girls back in school first! lol

We haven't told them yet, due to my last miscarriage, and we want to wait till after 12 weeks to tell the fostering team really.

Diet wise, is healthy eating. :) I got some pregnacare tablets for folic acid and multi vit for pregnancy (veggie safe) today so that will help ensure I'm not lacking anything. :)

CD has left me with a small intake threshold! lol So i'm holding onto that firmly!! ;) And nausea well it seems to be worse till lunchtime at the moment - though real sickness starts around 6 weeks by all accounts so this may be the tip of the iceberg! lol I never had any sickness with Erin at all. It's curbing my hunger somewhat I think so am having to eat because I know I have to rather than because I'm hungry.

Today I had some salad from the salad bar in Morrisons - cous cous and some tomato based pasta with a little cheese and cucumber - the smallest pot they do.
And tonight will be falafals with salad - I have wholemeal wraps so may have one of those. :)

Last night I had 2 quorn wraps with morrocan based yoghurt mint dressing. :) was lovely but again I couldn't eat much! lol

I bought a stack of fruit today so am going to make fruit salad for a short notice snack :) Girls love it and so do I ;)

If its ok with you, could I get into the nitty gritty with you? If you don't want to answer my questions I understand its just that I've got lots to ask and don't know who to go to for the answers. I've searched online and well, just don't feel satisfied with what I've found and I find that my sister/friends who've had kids kinda don't wanna talk about this sort of thing.

You mentioned that you're 4 weeks and 3 days along and your due date is roughly end of December. How did you calculate this, i.e., when was your last period and when do you think you conceived? What symptoms have you had other than nausea that convinced you that you were pg?

Y'see, my OH and I had a game of russian roulette on the 29th and according to babycentre.co.uk I should have been ovulating roughly around that time. My period was due Thursday 16th. Now I know its only Saturday and that's only 2 days, but period hasn't come and I took a pg test this morning and it came back negative.

As I've never been pregnant before I don't know what the signs are, if there are any, but certainly on Wednesday night, I had seriously bad different type of cramp and thought my period was coming then nothing.

I have regular periods and always have had, am every 28-30 days and they last roughly 5-6 days. I have no idea when I ovulate really so couldn't honestly say that I knew when I had my fertile stage.

So I checked this evening on babycentre and according to them I could be 4 weeks pregnant with a due date of the 20th December. Now my sister has 3 girls and with each of them she had problems getting a positive pregnancy test even tho she was pregnant so I'm wondering if like her I may not produce a lot of the hormone in my urine therefore find it difficult to tell with pg kits or I'm not pregnant in which case I need to move on and get a grip on my diet and keep trying.

If you could share your experience, it would really help.

cheers

P

Hi, well i'm no expert! lol
I log my cycles on a site each month.. have done this for years now. :) I average 29 day cycles and had my last period on 17th March. With a 29 day average cycle sites - i've checked a few are saying I'm due 23rd Dec, but I do understand that midwives sometimes differ on this. They may well class me as 28 day cycle just as it's the norm.
I 'think' that my ovulation date was the 1st, and my body certainly seemed to indicate the 31st march so not far off.
As for symptoms, I have missed period, nausea, sore breasts (more so than with my period) and 2 positive tests! :) I didn't get nausea last time I was pregnant (10 years ago) but had the other two along with tiredness. :)

What test are you using? As you need to see if it's one that is for early readings or not.. if it's not (would say 4 days before period due or something like that) then you may still turn out to be pregnant just that your HCG (the hormone it tests for found in pregnancy) isn't high enough yet. It doubles each day.

Hope all goes well for you :)

Hiya, PH, thanks for getting back to me.

I bought a stack of pg tests online, they're the ones the hospitals use, so I doubt they are early pregnancy test ones. I will probably need to purchase a clearblue digital one or something then.

What site do you use to record your cycle, maybe I should do that from now, unless of course I'm pg in which case I won't need to.

thanks for the prompt response.

I just bought the asda 2 for £5 :) they say 4 days before and worked well for me ;)
or just wait a few more days. :) They may tell you what level they test at and you can look on line to see what level you 'may' be at :)

I use MyMonthlyCycles I can't figure out how to tell it I'm pregnant though! lol Will be a 9 month cycle as far as they're concerned! :p

I always keep a track of my cycle in my diary/calendar and have downloaded some software that I can transfer in my dates and it calculates the ovulation period which ranges from low, mid, high pregnancy advisory and when you actually ovulate based on your dates.

This is great for me because I need to be able to work out when I actually ovulate so that if it turns out I'm not pg then we can start trying in the timescale the software recommends.

I've entered in my last 4 months dates and according to the information we were in the low stage of ovulation so the risk of falling pg on these dates are possible but unlikely. So, I'll wait for a while and if my period hasn't come by mid week then I'll go get a clear blue or first response test. Either way, I'm going to start taking folic acid.

What a carry on eh?

There are ovulation kits that are more accurate I believe and also taking your temp before getting out of bed i believe.

And yes it is a carry one which is why it's taken me 9 years, as I couldn't be doing with all the fuss over chasing the dream to be honest. I have 2 daughters, one birth and one adopted, I was happy with that but will be happier with another! ;)

Back