Newbie to this site but not to dieting!!

Hi everyone, I have been overweight for far too long and am at the heaviest I have ever been. I am fed up not feeling feminine and hating the way I look, however my daughter has just got engaged and the wedding is planned for late 2012 so I have a great incentive (don't want to look like Mrs Blobby at her wedding!!).

Am planning to join a slimming club for a bit just to get me on track but can't decide which one. Considering Scottish Slimmers or Weightwatchers, would anyone care to comment on which they prefer and why? Could do with a few pointers, I live with my husband and three young adults on a limited income so meals have to be suitable for everyone.

Would love to hear your views and looking forward to getting to know folks.

:character00148:

hey
I can't comment on scottish slimmers or weight watchers but have you considered slimming world, I am 19 and the plans and food you can have on slimming world are delicious and suitable for people not on diets as well, just a thought.

p.s. I am a new member too :)

Hiya :)

i also can't comment on Scottish slimmers but have tried WW - personally i found it really difficult as I would eat all points and then not be able to have anything else :(

I have joined slimming world and I love it no weighing, no counting so many free foods to choose from and you can still have 10 syns a day :)

Hi and welcome. All of the diets work if you stick to it. So if you need to go to a class I'd choose the one that is at a convenient place and day and time. Hopefully the leader will be supportive.

Good luck

Irene xx

Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Good luck with the pounds!
Sharkbait1983 x

Thanks for the encouragement folks, after much deliberation I have decided to give weightwatchers a go cos they have a monthly pass offer which is just £12.99 for the first month and that gives you access to the online stuff as well. My plan at the moment is to have a go for a month and hopefully once I have the info I can go it alone with the help of friends and stuff like this forum. The cost of going regularly is an issue as my husband isn't able to work due to his health so I would prefer not to have to shell out for the meetings all the time, but I will see how it goes. I plan to read up a bit over the weekend and go to my first class on Monday.
Hope you all have a good weekend

Hi hun, :welcome: to the forum and I have to say I giggled at your username!
Glad to hear that you have joined WW, I am sure that you will get a lot of good advice out of your meetings and like you said, when they are finished you can always come here for advice and help, everyone is great and are always here for encouragement and support.

You have plenty of time to get some slimming done before 2012, at least there isn't too much of a hurry on, you can go at a comfortable pace and not feel stressed out.
Hope to see you around and chat with you soon, looking forward to hearing how you're getting on with it x

Hi Miss Mango, thank you for your encouragement, haven't had a very good start but determined to continue. Lots of stressful stuff going on at the moment and that always makes me run for the comforting foods!! However today is a new day and time to start afresh!

I like your mini-goals its a good idea to head for getting your bmi to a better place, will look at that for myself. Hope to chat to you soon.

Hello and welcome to Minimins!

I find the stressful days the hardest when I'm losing weight, but if I set myself small goals to aim for I find it much easier to keep motivated and avoid the cookie jar when I'm having a bad day. If you do have a bad day just try to draw a line under it and move on, the worst thing to do is to let it break you into stopping the diet. It sounds like you have a really positive attitude about it though.

I'm also hoping to lose a lot weight before my mums wedding next May, I'm walking her down the aisle so I want to look as good, if not better than her :D It's definitely a great incentive and I wish you luck in reaching your goal.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss.

Back