Newbie to Xenical - HELP

dinkydiver

Hi All

I started Xenical 10 days ago, was issues a perscription and not given any diet advice and there is not much info in the leaflet.

I understand the max 5g fat per 100g and no more that 15g in one meal side of thing but wondering if there are anymore info sites to help.

Made my first mistake by eating fresh cooked mackeral with embarrassing side effects which i didn't even know had happened!!

This had made me very aware of what i'm eating - to the point that i'm nervous of eating!

Your advice would be great

Hi there, I am newer than you but have found the people on here a Godsend as same as you my Dr didn't tell me anything about them really. There is a sticky on here (link below) that gives some advice but I am just doing as you & under 5g per 100g & less than 15 in a full meal. I did read somewhere to avoid oily fish - makes sense I guess! I will add that I too am nervous of eating anything that I fear may cause problems, maybe that is a good thing though.

Hope you are doing well so far x

http://www.minimins.com/xenical/100843-xenical-info-new-starters.html

Last edited:
Hi

Some people here do slimming world, weight watches along side xenical.. I try to just make sure I eat a certain among of cals (1500-1800) per day but below the 45g total per day.. Also following the 5g per 100g rule.. And the 15g per meal rule

I use myfitnesspal.com app on my phone.. Is also web based too. It adds up what you eat so you can see the fat content of what you have eaten..

Good luck :)

Hi i have been on Xenical for about 5 weeks now and doing slimming world. i try to stay on green days which means on meat or fish and no bad side effects. Today i had a red day which is meat and now im getting the normal side effects with xenical and not liking it, so will go back to the green day and stay with them. Hope that helps

Back