Newbie to Xenical

Emmaline

Hippety Hop!
I am just soo excited that after a long, long, long haul of over a year where my weight has plateaud no matter what I tried..my doc has now agreed to prescribe me Orlistat. Just can't wait to get down to the surgery and pick up my prescription.

Having just Googled about side affects I noted that they are available over the counter at Lloyds chemist.... :doh: ..I would have bought them before now if I had known!.. :sigh:

Hi & welcome. Hate to tell you this but there is a shortage at present so you may not manage to get them. I really hope you do though x

Hi and welcome;) you can't get orlistat over the counter I'm afraid and unfortunately can't get it at all just now but you could buy alli over the counter that is half the strength, that could be what you've seen. Hopefully you will manage to source some unfortunately there is a manufacturing issue and no orlistat available:(

You can get orlistat/xen whatever you want to call it at Lloyds & Boots on a private prescription but it's about 70 quid. Someone on here did it but can't remember who.... That's when it's back in stock that is x

good luck with getting any. one chemist i spoke to said i would not be able to get it anywhere in the country!

You can get orlistat/xen whatever you want to call it at Lloyds & Boots on a private prescription but it's about 70 quid. Someone on here did it but can't remember who.... That's when it's back in stock that is x

Lexie, does that mean if you have a private prescription you can get hold of the stuff? thought it was unavailable. perhaps i am being thick!

good luck with getting any. one chemist i spoke to said i would not be able to get it anywhere in the country!

I found some, took some ringing around to find it mind. No luck with the big pharmacies (Boots, Lloyds etc.), found it in a small independent chemist ... and literally ran across the city to get it :p

I found some, took some ringing around to find it mind. No luck with the big pharmacies (Boots, Lloyds etc.), found it in a small independent chemist ... and literally ran across the city to get it :p

Well done you are VERY lucky!!!

I have phoned about 25 chemists round here and no one has it :( Looks like we are on our own for a while!

Hi I went to get weighed by the nurse today, i said that I haven't had any tablets for about 6 weeks and that u can't get them anywhere, she said she hadn't heard anything about it, so she rang the people that make it and they said it wont be made again until may :(
That's not good for me as I have put 9Ibs on in the last 3 weeks :(
So the nurse is looking for something else for me

Hi I went to get weighed by the nurse today, i said that I haven't had any tablets for about 6 weeks and that u can't get them anywhere, she said she hadn't heard anything about it, so she rang the people that make it and they said it wont be made again until may :(
That's not good for me as I have put 9Ibs on in the last 3 weeks :(
So the nurse is looking for something else for me

what is the nurse looking for? i asked my doctor today if there was anything else but he said there used to be but it is now banned. so for me i guess that is a no!

I'm not aware there is anything else, there was reductil but that was unlicensed about 3 years ago 3 weeks after I got it. It didn't work anyway x

Hi Folks, Well you are certainly correct about the Orlistat/Xenical not being available. However, having searched online the night before I noticed that you could get Alli which is exactly the same stuff only half the dosage. Bought a pack of 100 fro £54.99 and will take two at a time which will be the equivalent.
Bit pricey but I'm just happy that I could get something to help me..keeping my fingers crossed for a good result...:fingerscrossed:

there was another diet pill called 'Acomplia' i tried that when it was avalible over the nhs about 5 to 6 years ago but it was quickley took off the market . my doc prescribed it to me when it was avalible and found that it stopped me from smoking too. very good tablet shame they withdrawl it. x

I'm not sure what she is going to try and get but maybe there want b anything else

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back