1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Newbie! Trying the thirder diet!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amy_85, 1 September 2014 Social URL.

1. Amy_85

Amy_85 New Member

Hi all,
    So I'm hoping this will give me the incentive I need to stick to a diet! Not got much to lose really, only about 9 or 10lb which doesn't sound like a great deal but I carry ALL of it on my stomach and have relatively thin legs and arms and a flat backside :( I am a funny shape and feel out of proportion. I eat reasonably healthy anyway most of the time it's just the last stubborn bit.
    I'm trying the thirder diet this time (eating for 8 hours a day, fasting for 16). In addition to this I'm also giving up tea as I like it sweet and milky. So today I've basically skipped breakfast, had a salad for lunch (Asda's Lighter Options new potato and egg, 164 kcals) at 1pm, have snacked this afternoon and I'm now forcing myself to wait another 45 minutes before I have homemade chicken casserole for dinner.
    Has anyone had success with this diet? Do you count calories? Could I have the same amount of calories in the 8 hour period, i.e. have what would have been my breakfast (2 pieces of dry wholemeal toast) with lunch or mid afternoon or is the point to cut calories by missing a meal? I had a white tea (as in Clipper White Tea not tea with milk :p) this morning but presuming this is ok since it's calorie free?
    Any advice would be appreciated
    xx