Newbie with 4 stone to lose

Back home, still coughing up all kinds of colour sputum!! Weighed today to see the damage and still at 15st 9 so I'm pretty happy with that!! So back on it today,, need a super week before heading off to london next weekend!! Busy busy busy!! Xx

Oh so sorry to hear you're still feeling rough, Kimmi - rug up and get lots of fluids in you! I also really like the attractively named Benylin mucus cough mixture for that sort of thing.

What's the plan for tripping the light fantastic next weekend? :)

Right, today's the day, back on the wagon!! One super duper week, one last push at seeing those 14s before Christmas ( think I've left it too late now!! ) but even if I can lose 5/6 pounds, that's 5/6 I don't mind putting on over Christmas!!

Chest feels better but still coughing up all sorts. I'm heading to the gym in a but by worried that even more sputum will come up!!!

I'm getting daily texts from my friend to keep me on the diet track! Last year she lost 5 stone through major exercising and calorie control and looked flipping amazing!! She's now pregnant and is the same weight as me (at 35 weeks preggers). She's texting me daily to help but boy it's really annoying!! It's hard enough to feel I let myself down when I have a bad day let alone her!! Maybe it might help!!

Anyway, I'm putting off the gym- so off I go!! Xx

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie-this is my very first post!

I too have struggled with my weight since leaving school many years ago. I have tried so many diets and products with varying success but sooner or later I either meet my target then struggle to keep the weight off or I give up before I manage it.

This yo-yo situation has had a detrimental effect on me over the years. Not so much physically-although I'm led to believe that gaining and losing weight is not healthy-but more psychologically as my confidence both in the way I look and feel i.e. fat and the fat that I can't seem o sick to anything has really got me down and depressed.

I have decided to start again in the new year so am currently trying to find the right regime to follow-hopefully something that I can stick to this time.

Hope to meet new friends on here and get some useful tips and advice.

Lucy xx

Hi, I'm a complete newbie-this is my very first post! I too have struggled with my weight since leaving school many years ago. I have tried so many diets and products with varying success but sooner or later I either meet my target then struggle to keep the weight off or I give up before I manage it. This yo-yo situation has had a detrimental effect on me over the years. Not so much physically-although I'm led to believe that gaining and losing weight is not healthy-but more psychologically as my confidence both in the way I look and feel i.e. fat and the fat that I can't seem o sick to anything has really got me down and depressed. I have decided to start again in the new year so am currently trying to find the right regime to follow-hopefully something that I can stick to this time. Hope to meet new friends on here and get some useful tips and advice. Lucy xx

Hi Lucy, well your definitely in the right place to get support and meet new friends. Whatever diet you decide, there's a group here to support you through your journey. Most of us will pop on a few boards, I have been on Cambridge, Exante, slimming world and now Atkins!! You have to pick the diet that will work for you, that you can maintain for a long time and that fits into your life. I have had some friends that have had amazing weightloss on slimming world but yet I gained 10lbs in my first week!! My body doesn't like carb, I get windy, bloated and gain weight so low carb/ Atkins is my diet. The weight losses haven't been great but I've lost 22lbs eating things that I love!!! Anyway, I'm tabling but look forward to seeing your journey in the new year :) xxxx

Day one- good day :)
B- boiled egg
L- chorizo slices
D- roast chicken, sprouts and broccoli
W- 2 litres of water- go me!!
Gym - 350 kcals of cardio :)

Going to hurt in the morning xx

Congrats on a fab day. I've relaxed a touch this weekend but straight back to it tomorrow :)

Surprisingly not sore this morning!! So I've been again today and did the same little circuit- I then had to brave Tesco and aldi which was more of a challenge!! Everywhere is heaving!! So day 2 of being good:
B- boiled egg
L- pork scratchings
D- chicken and green veg

I like it but that doesn't seem very much to me, both volume and nutrition.

If you feel ok though then it's good :)

I agree. It's not a normal days eating for me. I eat much more when I'm at work but today I'm still feeling yucky from this chest infection and not really wanting to eat!! I'm sure appetite will be back with a vengeance soon!! X

Hey Kimmi, fab that gym didn't leave you sore! Seems like we both have this chest infection thing going on, I can't believe you're going to the gym, I have just enough energy to do the dishes, then I have to have a sit down! I'm sure the 14s are doable, if you do induction (and gym, you brave woman you!), the weight will drop off! Let's do as best we can and see how we get on! I'm aiming for 6lb by crimbo too, let's do it! x

Yep still got this chesty thingy..... It's been ongoing for about 2 weeks and quite frankly had enough of it!! Daniels had it too and then had tummy problems and bloated ness while we we're away. He shaved off his two week old beard today to find that his face is swollen..... It literally looks like he has mumps!! So trip to the drs and they think he has glandular fever!! Brilliant!! He has to go back tomorrow for the blood tests but he's so washed out and explains the tummy bloating too!! So hope he hadn't got it and it's just an infection..... Too many christmas plans!!

No gym for me this week, I don't have the energy after work but plan to go on Saturday....... Meant to be going for a christmas weekend in London but not sure if that can happen now :-(
B- boiled egg
L- chorizo slice
D- stuffed meaty pepper

Hi kimmi,
Just been reading through ur diary and relate to a lot.
I've been on vlcds too and am now looking to start Atkins asap, generally coz its more sociable!
How are finding it? Some meals sound so yummy!
I wanna lose at least 4 stone for my wedding next May. I have nearly a months worth of vlcd packs left that I couldn't hack! What I dont understand is, surely if ur in ketosis through Atkins why are there so many things u can't have on vlcds?! So confused.
Anyway well done on ur journey so far, I may start a diary myself and see how I go! x

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Tara
Hope you don't mind me butting in but just wanted to ask what VLCD are you on? I was on Lipotrim then switched to Atkins. I put 4lbs on and freaked out and went back on LT for a week! I think my problem was too much processed meats such as salami, peperami etc etc. I'm now low carbing and calorie counting and it seems to be working so far. My advice is to be STRICT with induction read the book and eat only what it says you can eat no no processed stuff. I wish you luck and if you decide to do a diary I look forward to reading it! :)

Hi Sam!
Yes I bought the 2 week induction book and it says not to have anything processed etc, its quite a lot to remember! That's when i get fed up, when a diet is too complex :( I was on Cambridge a year ago and lasted 4 days, then a few weeks ago I went on Slim & Save but again, only lasted 3 days. Pathetic! So I was hoping Atkins would be ideal as its still based on ketosis and I need results fast, but can't hack the packs.
Sorry to chat on your diary kimmi!
Thanks again Sam
Xx

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hah talk away ladies and welcome!!!

Well good week this week, a few sweeties and half a mince pie crept in somewhere but I lost 2lbs!! I'm still trying to stick to Atkins where I can but I'm not expecting to Lose over christmas....,, I just don't want to undo all my hard work!! So I'm 15st 7 now, would love another 2lbs next week!!

So I've spent the day wrapping present to see if I've got everything. All under the tree now and looking soooo pretty. We're off to London tomorrow for our annual christmas city break, looking forward to seeing christmas lights and the sights..... Love christmas!!! Planning on lots of coffee, and nandos diet wise!!!

Xx

Back