Newbie with 8 stone left to lose!

heylyla87

Hi everyone :D

Long time reader here and I finally bit the bullet and signed up tonight seeing as I read this forum most evenings and it's been a fantastic inspiration to me so far on this looooooong journey to a healthier lifestyle.

My name is Emma, I'm 24 years old and I currently weigh 19 and a half stone (but not for long fingers crossed!)

I'v been overweight since I was about 7 years old and the lowest weight I can remember being is about 16stone when I was 18 years old.

I stepped on the scales before Xmas 2011 and weighed in at 21st 10lb which frightened me so much I decided for once and for all to stop putting my life on hold and making excuse after excuse for my lifestyle.

I'm no saint but I'm trying my best and exercise is non existant for me at the moment but since the New Year I'v lost 2 stone and I'm now 100% determined that for me, the only way is down:D I know it's not going to be easy and my willpower is crap but I'v truely committed myself to some serious weight loss goals, simply because I have to....I'm too afraid what will happen if I don't.

I'v downloaded MFP onto my phone and I'm currently trying to stick to about 1350-1500 cals per day.

So far, some weeks I'v lost, others I'v STS but from now on, I'm trying to be a lot more focused about my eating and I'm aiming for a 2-2.5lb loss per week. I know that this is probably unrealistic but I have to try.

I'v made myself some mini goals so far (which are probably a little far-fetched but a girl has to dream ;))

-10 weeks from now I'm going to a concert with friends I havent seen in ages and want to weigh 250lb which means a 25lb loss in 10 weeks, probably crazy)

-My next milestone will be when I reach 16st which is my lowest adult weight that I remember

-And hopefully, to weigh 200-210lbs by Xmas 2012.

I plan on logging here most days and would love any feedback good or bad and would definitely welcome any criticism of my crazy goals because I'm truly astounded by the willpower and success stories on here and can't wait to start my journey here and hopefully learn from others and support each other along the road :)

Hi heylyla87,

Welcome! Good luck on your weight loss journey....I too have between 8 and half and 9 stones to shift...so maybe we can inspire each other! :D I started WW today. And this is my last time trying to shift the pounds. I lost 10 stones and 10 pounds in August 2007, the lightest I have ever been since I was a teenager, so I hope to achieve my goal for the 2nd and final time.A x

P.S. I don't think that your goals are unreasonable...have you seen all my mini goals? I need a challenge to get going and keep going... I have given myself 12 months to 18 months to do this. :D

Hi Annie, thanks for the welcome! Wow, that's an amazing achievement and if you've done it once, you at least know that it is possible and I'm sure you'll be able to do it again. I'm have the same train of thought as you, with regards this being the last time...this it IT for me too, no turning back. We will do it and the only people standing in our way are ourselves , Emma x

Welcome. Well it sounds like you're pretty serious and organised about it all! That's a good start!

I hope to see you around here, I just registered too!

I have 6 stone (I think, maybe more as I haven't stepped on the scales in a while) to loose and I am starting the exante diet 10 days after I give birth to my baby girl (due on 2nd may) I am 22 and also can only remember ever being over weight so if you fancy having a diet buddy just let me know and we can help each other through our tough days! I am sure u will do amazingly as you have done so well already! Good luck honey xx

Hi Annie, thanks for the welcome! Wow, that's an amazing achievement and if you've done it once, you at least know that it is possible and I'm sure you'll be able to do it again. I'm have the same train of thought as you, with regards this being the last time...this it IT for me too, no turning back. We will do it and the only people standing in our way are ourselves , Emma x

Well said! Look forward to exchanging more posts with you and to keep each other inspired! x

Aw thanks for the vote of confidence guys! Really , really trying my best. It just HAS to happen. Everyone on here is so kind, I'm hopefully gonna do even half as well as ye all x

Meant to add that my Weigh In day is going to be Wednesday but I tend to weigh myself 2/3 times a week anyway even though I know I shouldnt!

Heading off to a friends tomorrow until Sun evening and going to be surrounded by temptation. Will be heading for a night out and I'm going to stick to Vodka and Diet Coke which is fine as its what I usually drink anyway. No wine anymore :(

I know I will probably eat out but will make the best choices I can anyway. It's just not worth it to set myself back completely!

Hope everyone has a brill weekend x

Sometimes, jumping on scales can be really motivating...

Have a good weekend too... xx

Hi everyone :D

Long time reader here and I finally bit the bullet and signed up tonight seeing as I read this forum most evenings and it's been a fantastic inspiration to me so far on this looooooong journey to a healthier lifestyle.

My name is Emma, I'm 24 years old and I currently weigh 19 and a half stone (but not for long fingers crossed!)

I'v been overweight since I was about 7 years old and the lowest weight I can remember being is about 16stone when I was 18 years old.

I stepped on the scales before Xmas 2011 and weighed in at 21st 10lb which frightened me so much I decided for once and for all to stop putting my life on hold and making excuse after excuse for my lifestyle.

I'm no saint but I'm trying my best and exercise is non existant for me at the moment but since the New Year I'v lost 2 stone and I'm now 100% determined that for me, the only way is down:D I know it's not going to be easy and my willpower is crap but I'v truely committed myself to some serious weight loss goals, simply because I have to....I'm too afraid what will happen if I don't.

I'v downloaded MFP onto my phone and I'm currently trying to stick to about 1350-1500 cals per day.

So far, some weeks I'v lost, others I'v STS but from now on, I'm trying to be a lot more focused about my eating and I'm aiming for a 2-2.5lb loss per week. I know that this is probably unrealistic but I have to try.

I'v made myself some mini goals so far (which are probably a little far-fetched but a girl has to dream ;))

-10 weeks from now I'm going to a concert with friends I havent seen in ages and want to weigh 250lb which means a 25lb loss in 10 weeks, probably crazy)

-My next milestone will be when I reach 16st which is my lowest adult weight that I remember

-And hopefully, to weigh 200-210lbs by Xmas 2012.

I plan on logging here most days and would love any feedback good or bad and would definitely welcome any criticism of my crazy goals because I'm truly astounded by the willpower and success stories on here and can't wait to start my journey here and hopefully learn from others and support each other along the road :)

I've just signed up too, good luck! Remember you CAN do it, because you WANT to do it and you WILL do it! It's what I tell myself all the time. Bring. it. on eh?! xoxo

Back