Newbie with a Mountain to Climb

Well I had a wonderful Christmas :D Great company, all my 'kids' together for once, lovely presents (will come back to that in a minute lol) and what felt like far too much food. It was all free and superfree but nevertheless it felt like I'd eaten too much. WI was tonight and I really was dreading it! You know those days when you kind of tiptoe onto the scales, like that's going to make a difference? ;-) Turns out I lost 5lb and got my 41/2 stone award! Happy is a bit of an understatement!

Anyway back to the presents ... amongst them was an unexpected (and beautifully wrapped) gift from my work colleague. Now we don't normally swap presents but oddly enough I'd bought her one from me & mine as she has done so many little things for my children this year. So.... Xmas morning and I decide to unwrap her gift first: I'm a careful unwrapper so I opened it slowly and, as I peeled back the paper I saw a square plastic box with a Ferrero Roche sticker on the back.

The first thought through my head was 'Oh no! why on earth has she given me chocolates?' and I slowly turned the box over ... to find the box is completely empty apart from the packaging and a handwritten letter, which read:

"How adopted Mother's look after their daughters:

I give you this present after making the ultimate sacrifice! I have got rid of all the syns by eating them for you!!

Have a Great Christmas, enjoy your gift. Love to all

S..... (Mum)"

Just too funny! :D It still makes me lol now!

What a lovely story Molly. You are doing so well. I have been going backwards. My fault, must do better !!!

Carry on, you will soon be there

Happy New Year to you

Love Doreen x

Hi Molly,

I put a post up earlier http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...est-red-green-extra-easy-etc-help-please.html and I was sent your diary to come and check it out. I have been doing VLCD's for 2 years now and have yoyo-ed in weight but I want to lose the weight now and keep it off I have done sw before but it is so hard to step away from vlcd where you can get 8ib losses some weeks to go to a 1-2ib weekly loss. Seeing what you have managed to do is an inspiration and you have defiantly made my mind up for me :) Thank you and congrats

Kelly x

Thank you Kelly :D

I've done vlcds before (most notably the black coffee and fag diet ;) ... which worked brilliantly but didn't win many prizes in either the health stakes or long term sustainability lol). When I came to SW I decided that I'd take the attitude that the weight hadn't gone on at a rate of 1/2 stone or so a week and I therefore had to resign myself to the fact that it wasn't going to come off that fast either - not if I was going to keep it off anyway.

And then something happened ... I realised that SW gave me a way to enjoy food without obsessing about weighing it, AND (big bonus here) that, irrespective of actual weight, I felt much healthier just from not eating the high fat, high sugar stuff. I do mainly Red, simply because it suits me better in terms of gluten intolerance and enabling me to still overeat to an extent ;) (because eating 3 people's 'portions' of, say Brussels made into a curry doesn't do the same damage as eating 3 people's portions of even SW chips lol). Last night I had a Huuuuge dinner of a whole swede, braised red cabbage and chilli made with 75% veggies - it was warming comfort food at it's best but with a pretty reasonable calorie load (I don't weigh or count calories but try to stay calorie aware) - and this is my new normal! :D

I have absolutely no cravings for unhealthy foods at all any more, which has given me such confidence - like losing the 'food monkey' from my back ... if there are biscuits in the kitchen at work (which there are at the moment) I don't even think about them being there - before SW they wouldn't have lasted a day without me eating them, replacing them (because they aren't mine), eating the replacements, replacing them again and so on - now they just aren't of any interest and I've only really registered that they are there because I have to keep moving them to prepare my breakfast and lunch as the kitchen workspace is so limited.

You can do this Hon - just be gentle on yourself and focus on wanting to be healthy rather than slim ... the slim bit comes as you crack the 'healthy' xxx

Wow! You are a real inspiration! I am hugely inspired and in awe! Your diary has just given me a huge kick up the backside. Well done on your amazing weight loss and your fantastic attitude and relationship with food x x

I popped over to read your diary after seeing your success photos. You are just brilliant. Such a great attitude and you prove it can be done if you change your attitude to food. Thank you for inspiring me as I begin my journey. Happy new year to you. ;)

Back