Newbie with a Mountain to Climb

Very easy if you do it straight away! Just need to make sure the electric bits don't get wet. Mine's pretty much like an oversized kettle so just fill the jug bit with soapy water and wash it like that. Only if it has been left a while do I need to scrub it a bit but it is still easily enough done!

Thanks for that Ally - sounds a bit like cleaning a normal liquidiser then :) I'm definitely even more interested now and it's so cold today that I'm fantasizing about huge mugs of superfree soup...

.....and pickled onions, for some bizarre reason :eek:

Had a really lovely evening yesterday ... we chattered so much I'm amazed that we actually found time to eat, but the Macaroni Cheese was AMAZING!! So I thought I'd share the recipe with you (while I still remember what I used ;) )

3 leeks, sliced into rounds
3 large peppers (one of each colour), sliced into chunks about the size of a large stamp
2/3 of a medium box button mushrooms, cut into quarters
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove of garlic peeled and crushed
250g dried pasta shapes
3/4 carton Passata
Mixed Herbs, salt & pepper

1 tub Low Low Cheese Spread
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta in salted water until tender ... meanwhile gently sweat the vegetables in another pan until soft but not entirely cooked.

Mix the cooked pasta into the nearly cooked vegetables and, keeping on a low heat, add the passata and mixed herbs/seasoning to taste. Pour into an ovenproof dish.

Heat the Low Low in the microwave (foil lid removed!) for 40 seconds, stir and spoon over the top of the pasta/veg (it doesn't look like enough but spread as thinly as possible to cover as much as you can). Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and place into a hot oven (200 C) for 20 minutes or so - until lightly browned on top.

Serve with a small side salad.

This serves 4 at 4 Syns per portion (although I actually have enough, non cheesy, pasta left for tonight's dinner :D )

Hi everyone,

I am new here :) i have done SW before a while ago and lost lots of weight on EE. However i have put some back on and would like to get it off! so i am going to try and do some green/red days aswell as the occasional EE as i think red days seem to work better for me as less carbs but they are harder to make lunches ect for i think. (i am a huge pasta lover so red days are hard)

i have subscribed as i think its really helpful to see other peoples journeys and idead!

Well done to everyone on there weight losses so far, i am sure i will be posting some food diarys my self and asking for tips/advice!

Hi Lollypop :)

I have real issues with starchy carbs so, even though I do EE (I love the simplicity of it!), I do portion control rice/pasta/potatoes/pulses by weighing them dry weight to healthy portion guidelines.

thats a good idea!

i think i may alternate between EE and Red (use EE on the days that i dont have time ect) put make sure i only have small portions of the carbs! .. i almost go into carb overload on EE as i think well i can have them and the eat way too many! ha (saying that i did loose 2 stone on EE so can not be too bad i suppose) ...
i really need to get back to a SW support group but its finding the time at the moment!

I do go to a group but very rarely stay for meetings to be honest ... I go with my younger daughter and we often have to take the Littles with us thanks to our respective OH's working hours. At 3 and 2 even the 5.30 meeting that we go to runs on later than their bedtimes and they get far too crabby if we stay.

It is difficult to stay at group when you have little ones. I used to take my grandson when he was three and no matter what I took to keep him amused, it didn`t always work. Some of the mums that go to my group try to keep them quiet, but consultant said to let them do their own thing - usually the children are not so noisy then. It is something we that don`t have to take little ones get used to. I love talking to the children and have got to know some of them.

You will be able to stay when they start school eh?

Good luck anyway. x

WI last night ... another 4lbs gone ... Woohoo!!! I also got my 3 stone award and my lovely consultant rang me after group (I didn't stay for the meeting) to tell me I got SOTM as well.

Another 1lb and I'm into the next stone zone :D :D

WI last night ... 3.5lbs gone, SOTW and hit the 17 stone zone :character00100:

8.5lbs until I'm halfway to target and I really, really want to get there by Christmas and, maybe, to start the new year in the 16 zone.

WI last night and I was blown away by a 4 1/2lb loss ... 4 more to go to reach my personal 4 stone by Christmas goal and only 7 to go to the 16 stone zone (I'd love to start the New Year in the 16's! ... can I do 7lbs in 3 weeks?... I'll give it a damn good try lol)

Ugh! I am feeling SO stressed by Christmas :( I've broken the back of the present buying - only a couple more to get now and, thankfully, neither involve going anywhere near town - but I'm absolutely dreading wrapping them all!

My husband is really good and does all the main ones but even so I have 4 stocking fulls to do, plus the food shopping list (and actual shopping) and putting up the decorations. I haven't got a flaming clue where the tree is but I'm betting it's at the back of my 'glory hole' of a cupboard under the stairs which is going to mean a couple of hours emptying it and then trying to fit everything back in :rolleyes: . What's the betting that when I do find it the lights won't work? I have spare ones but it's a 'pop-up' tree and I wired the lights to it a couple of years ago (took me 8 hours) so changing them isn't simple.

Plus work of course, which is always more stressful at this time of year :( ... I tell you - if my poor little brain was an electric meter it would be spinning like a top.

One plus though - despite feeling a bit overwhelmed and sorry for myself, I've not turned to food for comfort like I normally would :)

WI last night and another 3 1/2lb off ... an infuriating 1/2lb away from my 4 stone lol. Never mind, next week's weigh in is still before Christmas and - if I really work my mojo - who knows? Maybe I'll get my 4 stone AND move into the next stone zone before Christmas :)

I have finally finished all the Christmas shopping ... and wrapping .... and decorated the house :D Feel so much better for having it all done, even if there is still a week to go :rolleyes:

Weigh in tonight and I lost 2.5lbs ... not a big loss for me but overall I'm so happy to have lost 4 stone 2lb in 14 weeks - it's the best Christmas present I could have given myself :D

Happy Christmas everyone xxxxx

I have a lot to lose Rae Rae, so I think some of it is just down to that. Otherwise I don't really know ... I eat lots and lots of superfree, don't snack and only have starchy carbs twice a week, but we're all different so what works for me won't necessarily work for someone else :)

I'm intending to stay on plan over Christmas ... for me the magic will be Family rather than food from now on! Thanks for the encouragement Hon and have a fabulous Christmas :-D

Back