Step 1 Sole Source Newbie with query re existing food in cupboards!

Nikie

Silver Member
Afternoon all!

I am on day one SS and feeling very positive! And the great news is.......my fiance is doing it with me! So no temptation with dinners etc as we are both doing the same! I have to admit, I was dreading him cooking up some food whilst I couldn't have any but now panic over!

BUT we still have food in our cupboards, staples such as pasta/rice etc and a full freezer and a few bits in the fridge.......

My question is....should I chuck it out?! I am reluctant to do so because of the money it cost PLUS it is all food that can stay there and not go off. But I'm wondering if it'll be dangerous to have it there because from reading this forum I KNOW we will be hungry and desperate for food in a day or two and I really don't want to have temptation there.

Any ideas or tips would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Nikie

xxxx

When I started I went through and cleared out everything except the food's my son eats and gave it all to my sister, I know if I had them in the house I'd have eaten it lol!xx

Haha! Thanks Chrissy......we don't have children yet so we could actually just 'get rid' of everything I guess.....I don't have nearby family to give it to. Although....just had a bit of a brainwave!! My younger sister is off to uni in a couple of weeks! She could DEFO do with some of the stuff I have in my cupboards! Not the stuff in the freezer unfortunately, but I'm less bothered about chucking that out if I'm honest. May pop round to the nieghbours and ask them if they want any frozen food!

God plan, get rid of the temptation and you won't be tempted :) xx

I l;ive with mum still and had the same thought.. we have a naughty cupboard.. so I cleared out one cupboard or should I say shelf lol.. away from the naughty cupboard and keep all my CD stuff there.. the only cupboards I open now are where my CD stuff is and the plate/cup/glass/pan cupboard.. if you do get hungry and need the urge to eat food.. get 2 boiled eggs on go ;)

Afternoon all!

I am on day one SS and feeling very positive! And the great news is.......my fiance is doing it with me! So no temptation with dinners etc as we are both doing the same! I have to admit, I was dreading him cooking up some food whilst I couldn't have any but now panic over!

BUT we still have food in our cupboards, staples such as pasta/rice etc and a full freezer and a few bits in the fridge.......

My question is....should I chuck it out?! I am reluctant to do so because of the money it cost PLUS it is all food that can stay there and not go off. But I'm wondering if it'll be dangerous to have it there because from reading this forum I KNOW we will be hungry and desperate for food in a day or two and I really don't want to have temptation there.

Any ideas or tips would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Nikie

xxxx
You could always donate the food to your local church,school or community group particularly this time of year they are asking for donations for harvest festival. Then it is going to needy people and you have done a good deed and will go to heaven...!!! lol :innocent0002: XX

I think as long as its not ready to eat there and then and needs preparing and cooking its fine to keep and didn't hinder me, anything that can be instantly eaten like bread etc I put in the freezer, chrisps, biscuits and stuff I would
Strongly recommend getting rid of as they are the staples that always catch you out xx

Back