newbie with Questions

slimalli

hi all,

Got xenical from the doc last week and am starting to take them tomorrow. Ive been following a weight watchers type diet the last few days. Have been eating a low fat brekkie such as special k or weetabix with slimline milk and having a salad for lunch, then having dinner typically fish/chicken and veg, my question is do i need to take a tablet with brekkie/lunch seeing as they are approx less than 3-4g fat. What are the side effects if any say if I only take the tablet with my dinner?

Thx

Hey, welcome to Xenical and the MiniMins forum! My advice is yes, take the pills with all meals. The only reason you wouldn't take a pill would be if your meal had zero fat. I'm not sure what the side effects would be if you only took one pill a day, but I don't think it'd work effectively enough to be worthwhile. I'm sure somebody else could offer more advice on this, but I'd definitely take a pill with all meals.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. Keep us updated on how you're getting on! :) x

:welcome2: to the forum slimalli

Like Emma says, I too would def take the tablet with your brekkie & lunch. Only time not to take it is if you have skipped a meal or eating a fat free one.

Regarding the side effects, well you wont have any if you stick to the rule, 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g for your dinner. So far i've not suffered any side effects so cant advise you on what they are like.... but I dont think too many will recommend them lol

Goodluck with your new lifestyle.... :flowers:

Kaz

Hi

I take a tab at every meal unless its no fat which with my taste buds is very unlikely! Only got side effects when I exceeded the fat recommendation, a bit dodgy for a day but I learnt my lesson and no probs since.
Good luck

Vanda

Definately take the tablet with every meal unless zero fat which is nigh on impossible, for me anyway. I am 2 weeks into this diet taking the medication but don't have any scales so I am having to wait until I return to the Drs in a week or so for my next prescription to see how much I've lost, I too have suffered no side effects as I'm following a very low fat diet.

Back