Newbie with syn/HEx's confusion - lunch in 45 mins...help!!!!

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello!!

I’m (re)starting SW today but havn’t done my food shop yet – will be doing this tonight. Usually on a Monday lunch time I’d run over to Tesco’s and grab a Tesco ‘light choices’ Chicken and Stuffing sandwich.

I’ve researched it and it says: Light Choices Chicken & Stuffing Sandwich, per pack; 15½ Syns on all plans

Just wondering though, do those calculations count the bread as syned? And if I could count the bread as a Hex, could this reduce the number of syns significantly?? Help :-( I am one confused (not-so) little lady xx

The syns will include those for the bread. If it is wholemeal then you can take six syns off if using the bread as your HEB. But very few shop sandwiches use real wholemeal, they tend to be malted and that does not count as a HEB :)

The syns will include those for the bread. If it is wholemeal then you can take six syns off if using the bread as your HEB. But very few shop sandwiches use real wholemeal, they tend to be malted and that does not count as a HEB :)

I just realised that I never got round to replying to you to thank you!! You were right - the sandwich used malt bread (I've never even noticed before and if I had, obviously just assumed malted was the same and wholemeal!!) so I avoided altogether and opted for a much more syn-friendly salad :) can't thank you enough as I feel totally guilt free now!! Even a little slip up like that has the tendancy to throw me off course so thank you!!:)xx

Back