Katie84

Hiya, i am yet another newbie to Xenical.

I have tried many diets and failed, doctor decided he wanted me to try Xenical, been taking it the last few days to get it in to my system but eating normally tbh i wanted to see what the side effects was to put me off eating rubbish.

Well i have been going to the loo more but nothing major and i am going to go shopping this week and start it properly, anyone any ideas of what to buy and what to make tbh i am a rubbish cook lol but i am wanting this to work as i am sick of being 8/9 stone over weight.

Thanks xx

Hiya, i am yet another newbie to Xenical.

I have tried many diets and failed, doctor decided he wanted me to try Xenical, been taking it the last few days to get it in to my system but eating normally tbh i wanted to see what the side effects was to put me off eating rubbish.

Well i have been going to the loo more but nothing major and i am going to go shopping this week and start it properly, anyone any ideas of what to buy and what to make tbh i am a rubbish cook lol but i am wanting this to work as i am sick of being 8/9 stone over weight.

Thanks xx

Hiya Katie - welcome on board!

I'm not the greatest of cooks. Actually, no I am a good cook, I just lack the patience to make a meal! Read that as being lazy! :)

I eat a lot of ready meals - the low fat range from Asda and the fresh choices (only some are within the 5g of fat per 100g rule and 15g per meal so just have a wee check first). I also enjoy WW meals - they do sauces for pasta too. They have pizza's etc etc. I absolutely adore their garlic ciabatta... yum.

You will be surprised at your meal choices - I was!

Keep us all posted on your journey - its good to hear what everyone is doing and how they are getting on.

Any questions, shout out! :D:D

hello and welcome to xenical! i also found i was going to the toilet more for the first few days, but you'll soon settle in to it and if you stick to the fat rule, you won't have any of the dreaded side effects!

i'm a student living at home for the summer, so i don't do a lot of my own cooking at the minute, but i mainly eat salads, jacket potatos with cottage cheese (i love cottage cheese, i'll have it on anything!), fruit salads, ham toasties, etc. most of my meals are more snacky foods eaten as a main meal, but as jenjen suggested, you could try the ready meals from weight watchers or supermarket own brands.

i love pasta, so i eat that with tomato based sauces, as opposed to the cheese sauces i used to love. i also have chicken stir-fry regularly. i just chuck loads of salad and veg into the wok and add chicken and a sauce, it's really yum!

i'm also a fan of quorn, as it's lower in fat than normal meat, with the added benefit of the protein. try quorn sausages or burgers, but make sure to check the fat content!

if you have any more questions, let us know! there's always someone around to answer for you. good luck with your weight loss journey, keep us updated on how you're getting on! :) x

Welcome to planet xenical!

You will pick up lots of tips on here, just have a nosy around the board, and if you've got a question, just shout and this friendly bunch will try and help you !

Good luck!

Back