liza

hi guys, im starting the cambridge diet on monday, i am currently 11.12 stone and want to get down to 9.5, how much should i lose in the 1st week, i go on holiday end of august and want to feel good and skinny for then!!

Hi Liza,
Good to have you on board, this is a great forum and I am loving it here, everone is so friendly and supportive and you will get good advice from fellow members.

Everybody is different and the first week is usually the biggest on the weight loss front...but remember you are usually only losing retained water in the first week and the fat loss starts once Ketosis is established. Most people can expect to lose between 7 - 11 lb the first week..but don't take that as gospel as we are all individuals and everbody is different. I lost 5 & 3/4 lb in my first week, but, have had steady 4 - 5 lb losses each week. I have loads to lose though (approx 8 stone) I am 3lb away from my 2 stone mark...not bad in 5 weeks. I have my 6 week WI tomorrow and am hoping to have lost at least 3 to get me to that marker.
Anyway good luck on your CD journey..and stay strong!

Hi Liza
The first 3 or 4 days are hard but stick with it. In 4 weeks I've lost 2 stone! Can't believe it but it certainly keeps you focussed when you see the weight coming off. I've still got 3.5 to go to get to my bmi target of 25.
Good luck and I'm sure you'll do it!!

day one nearly over, i cant believe how much i have been weeing!! is this normal!?
i have drank nealry 2 litres of water today. not feeling too hungry... even though i could really do with something to chew on!

Back