Brookend

Hi all

I've been sort of lurking since the beginning of July when I joined slimming world.

At first I thought I'd be in and out dead quick ie within about six weeks, until I found I wanted to lose about a stone.
Then, I found I'm having mixed results with SW. One week I lose 3 lbs and I'm slimmer of the week. The next week I gain 1.5lbs for no reason whatsoever (my consultant checked my food diary for me), so, it looks like it could take a bit longer if it's going to be swings and roundabouts!!!!

A couple of years ago I lost 2.5stones with Tesco ediets and I was one of their success stories, but after a couple of years, I found it wasn't working for me and I started to gain again. Hence Slimming World. I'm really enjoying the plan, despite the sometimes odd results!!

Anyway, I'm 46 with 4 kids, 6 chickens, one cockeral, one dog and...oh yes...one husband, so life is pretty hectic.

I hope to be getting to know you all better in the coming slog!!!!

Welcome to the forum, stay with us and you will gets lots of help, motivation and advice, well done on your weight loss so far, and good luck for your continuing weight loss. X

Welcome to minimins, hope you find some support here that will help you keep focused and get to gaol. Everyone here is very helpfull and will answer any questions you have. Don't know why your having a bit of an up and down time at the moment, what Plan are you doing?, but helps here if you need it. Good luck

Hi there and welcome!
Im like you, I gain some weeks for no reason and then other weeks have a huge loss. Dont worry over it Hun, as long as the weight is coming off thats the main thing!
Some of us get to goal quicker than others...I prefer the scenic route! Lol.

Welcome and come on here as much as you can!!

xx

welcome Brookend :wavey:

as the others said plenty of chat and advise here.

One word of warning,........this site can be addictive.........better than sweets, cheese and biscuits :)

Have to agree with Lesserme on that one! Every spare minute i find myself drawn to this site. REALLY addictive! Welcome here by the way :welcome2:

xx

hello i hope you reach your goal, and we are here if you need any support and were always happy to help :)

Another newbie found us!Wonderful! Why don't you do a diary or eating plan on here? Mistakes are very easy to make at first! Are you measuring your healthy extras? Are you having bread? Are you using slices from a small loaf? One of our ladies had 5 pasta n'sauces last week, she thought they were free, and they are if you use water but she'd made them with butter.Have you measured out your milk? Have you had all your syns? eaten enough? Drunk enough water? It takes quite a bit of fine tuning the first few weeks! Which days do you do? Red green EE? Let us look at what you're having. We might spot where you're going wrong (if you are)

thanks for the warm welcome all. I'll start a food diary on the food diary thread and see what you think, although I'm off on me hols on fri for 5 days.

For the record today I had:

Breakfast: fresh fruit with 0% fat yoghurt and 1oz of Jordan's muesli (HEB)

lunchtime: homemade corgette soup with tesco light choices fromage frais swirled through and 57g wholemeal bread (HEB)

Snacks through day: 1 banana, 1 peach
also tea using milk from HEA and water

tea: homemade chilli made with 1.5oz lean minced beef (3.5 syns), chilli peppers, green peppers, tinned toms, kidney beans and usual herbs and spices and 28g cheddar (HEA)

I think it's ok :confused:

Back