Kimmie32

Hello
I am Kim and I am 40. I started SW last Wed night and my WI is tonight. The first one. I am terrified. Been on the EE option and when I do my body test on the Wii it says my weight has decreased slightly. I would have thought that a few lbs would have gone by now. Is it better to do green or red. EE seems like it is going against the protein carbs idea of SW???
Help..
Thanks for listening to my rant.
Kim
x:cry:

Hi and welcome! First of all don't listen to your Wii - it's calibrated differently to the SW scales and so what it says bears no relation to what the SW scales will say. It's accuracy also varies greatly depending on what surface you are weighing on. Stick to one weigh in per week on the same scales and in similar clothing. The vast majority of people who take sneaky peaks in between WIs find it sabotages them.

In answer to your other question, SW has never been about food combining and not mixing carbs and proteins. EE is basically just healthy eating - lots of fruit and veg, smaller portions of complex carbs and protein, recommended calcium and fibre from your HEs, and a little bit of what you fancy from your syns. No one plan is better than the others - they all work - you just need to find which one works best with your lifestyle.

Good luck!

The other thing to note is that an increase of either carbs/protein on EE is balanced out by a decrease in HEX's. As a mini experiment one week, while following EE, I portrayed the day as either red or green, and weighed either my carbs or protein. What I found was I wasn't really eating much more than a HEX's amount of either one. EG on a green day I dished up my dinner, JP, cottage cheese, put my plate on the scales and dolloped my tuna on top, it was barely over a HEX portion size.

Good luck Kim...try not to go by the Wii scales, Circes is right they arent calibrated and you could be weighing on a carpet, which isnt an even surface.

I am sure all will be fine! I have my first WI tomorrow too and I am really looking forward to it!
I haven't weighed myself all week, I do not see the point! However my partner did want to so I hid the scales in the cellar :D

Wii Fit is a good point though as that will always tell you your weight and it is hard to ignore that even if you know it is not telling you accurate info! Can you disable the function so it does not automatically tell you??

Wii fit is something I had forgotten about - I banished mine to the cupboard when it made an angry face and told me I was too heavy to use the Wii Fit board - may be time to get it back out soon!

Welcome and good luck for WI tonight. Give it a go a few weeks on EE (as a lot of people seem to like it) and see how you get along, otherwise you can give the Red/Greens a go.

Hi Kim,

I'm a newbie to the site too, just joined today. I've been on SW since this time last year, EE all the way for me. I can certainly vouch for it working! A lot of people in my group who have done red/green for a long time struggle to get their heads around EE and how it can possibly work. All I can say is, I'm the biggest loser in my group and the thought of red/green just seems so limiting after the freedom of EE. Give it some time, and if you've stuck to the plan over the last week then your weigh-in tonight will definitely give you the inspiration you need!

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Good luck!;) xx

Way to go Kim! :scale: What a brilliant start! Good luck with week 2, looking forward to hearing how you're getting on.

Well done Kim, I joined SW last night and EE seems to good to be true, hope I have a good loss next week, Again well done you.:0clapper:

Hey kim XXXX well done thats a brill loss ee must work for you , i like my green days and i find i only maintain with ee good luck , just think if you get three next week thats half a stone.

There you go Kim...all that worry for nothing!
Well done on your first week's loss Hun and long may it continue!

x

Back