Hi everyone I've just come across this site and I must admit I'm loving it already! I quit smoking in January and consequently have gained 2 stone!!! I'm not using this as an excuse as I know I was the one putting food in my mouth nobody forced me lol. But now it's time to do something about it. Im currently just over 11 stone but would love love LOVE to be 9 stone by next summer. This is a long way off so fingers crossed I can do it! Any tips/advice would be appreciated as I have absolutely no willpower what so ever so it'll be nice to have people to talk too that understand what I'm feeling. Anyway enough ranting for my first post! Hehe. I look forward to speaking to you all and sharing our journeys :) x

I'm going to calorie count as of tomorrow (then I can indulge in one last hot chocolate with marshmallows tonight!) but a few years ago myself and a few friends from work joined slimming world and I lost a couple of stone then but I can't quite remember it all!

Lol! I know what you mean, iv just ordered a curry and a chapati which is a big no no on my diet! start again tom :)
Get reading all the stickys on your choosen diet you'll get loads of help and advice.
Good luck x

Welcome! I joined the site last week and love it!
Good luck :D

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss.

Hey there Wannabe! Welcome to the forum hunnie, now you said you had no willpower in your first post and then in your next post you said you'd lost a few stone using SW a few years back - so there you go you see, you CAN do it!!
Well done on giving up smoking too, I don't smoke myself and never have but I know its not easy to quit it.

Anyway, get yourself a good nosy around the forums, look at the success stories which are a huge inspiration, make yourself a food diary and join one of our challenges and weekly weigh in's - its amazing how determined and on track these challenges can keep you - its really helped me.

You have less to lose than me ya lucky thing :D I need to lose 50lbs to get back down to almost 9st - I want to get into my shorts by next summer and I shall!!

Maybe you could buddy up with someone to help keep you inspired? Don't be a stranger - get posting and keep determined! Good luck :) X

I supposed if I'm determined to do something then I'll do it (I'm not one for failing you see hehe) had a lovely fruit salad prepared by my man this morning and just about to set off for work so I'll keep you all updated. I can't believe how friendly you all are thankyou all for your support already. Have a good day everyone x

welcome to minis hun!i quite smoking just over 2 years ago,it was the best thing i ever did,if you can do that,then this...a walk in the park! think molehills not mountains,and stay positive!

Back