Tracey86

Hi :)

My names Tracey and I'm new to MiniMins and to SW so thought I would just introduce myself as I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions.

Basically I have always battled with my weight and have always yo-yo dieted at home but never really succeeded but now after stepping on the scales on my 25th birthday on Friday I decided enough is enough now, I'm scarily overweight and I know my health is suffering and that will only get worse if I don't sort it out. Not to mention, I am getting married next year in October and to be a few dress sizes smaller for that would be amazing.

So..I have signed up to SW online (far to embarassed to go to a group) and this is my 2nd day following the Extra Easy plan, so far so good but as I'm not going to a group, I'm sure I'm going to need a bit of help and questions answered and this seems like the place. I googled slimming world lots before I signed up and it kept bringing me to this forum and reading about all of your food diaries and success stories helped me make the decision to sign up.

I'm rambling now but I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Off to start a food diary now I think.

Tracey xxx

just wanted to say hello, and good luck with you're plan, you've come to the right place:D

Hello and welcome! There's a few of us getting married this year and next;I'm getting married next September and have promised myself I'm not even trying on dresses until I get to target!

Any questions fire away! xxx

Hi just wanted to say welcome and to wish you all the best on your weight loss journey enjoy it and add variety to your menus i find this helps.x

Hey Tracey - you're totally in the right place :D

I had some health issues that were just beginning to show when I started on SW (I was the poster girl for Gaviscon, for one) and I found that I could see the difference with those, just with eating better things, very, very quickly indeed and that's very motivating :)

Thank you for the lovely welcomes! Day 2 is almost over and so far so good- I am liking the different foods and feel pretty satisfied.

Devon Dumpling- It's good to know I'm not the only bride to be who is refraining from trying dresses on. I don't want to be at target for our wedding (that would be impossible) but a few dresses smaller would be brilliant! Hope your wedding plans are coming along well?

Wenchie- Thank you for sharing about your health issues, thats really reassuring that you noticed a difference so quickly.

xxx

Hi Tracey and welcome, everyone on here is so friendly and supportive. Good luck on your weight loss journey x

Hey,

Welcome to the clan :)

Im a newbie too so i understand exactly how you're feeling..

May i ask 'poster girl for gaviscon' lol sorry... What symptoms did u have? Ive been having awful heartburn for the last year now and its not going. Had a helicobactor test and first time round it was negative, just awaiting the results for the second one ive just had.. Was iit the weight causing heart burn?

May i ask 'poster girl for gaviscon' lol sorry... What symptoms did u have? Ive been having awful heartburn for the last year now and its not going. Had a helicobactor test and first time round it was negative, just awaiting the results for the second one ive just had.. Was iit the weight causing heart burn?

Hi Roziee - I had incredibly bad heartburn - it woke me up 4-10 times a night, etc, etc, and the helicobactor test was negative.

It seems to have been a combination of the weight - I've lost about 5% of that now, but it went faster than I really think was just weight-loss - and eating too much processed food and fat. Stopping eating bread's been amazing for me, but just eating better (more fruit and veg, basically) helped such a lot. I've had a couple of planned for flexi-syn days since I stated an those were the only days I needed to go back to the trusty gaviscon -I hope you find a similar reaction, it's SUCH a relief.

wenchie said:
Hi Roziee - I had incredibly bad heartburn - it woke me up 4-10 times a night, etc, etc, and the helicobactor test was negative.

It seems to have been a combination of the weight - I've lost about 5% of that now, but it went faster than I really think was just weight-loss - and eating too much processed food and fat. Stopping eating bread's been amazing for me, but just eating better (more fruit and veg, basically) helped such a lot. I've had a couple of planned for flexi-syn days since I stated an those were the only days I needed to go back to the trusty gaviscon -I hope you find a similar reaction, it's SUCH a relief.

Hi wenchie.. You sound like me.. Were you not put on any medication? Omerprazole and lanzoprazole have been a life saviour for me. I hope the weight loss stops the heart burn for me. I dont want to be on medication forever..

And congratulations on your weight loss :)

Hi Tracey, Welcolm to Minimins, you will find great support from everyone on here. Ideas and advise are in abundance. What a shame you are embarrassed to join a group. Remember everyone there is there for the same reason! I waddled in to my first class weighing 17st 6 lb (my heaviest ever) No body bat an eyelid, in fact I have made some lovely friends as you will do on this site. Good Luck I am sure you will be a beautiful bride!!

Hello and welcome. You'll get plenty of good advice and support on here. Personally I HAVE to attend a group for it to work for me. If you ever want to dont be put off - everyone is there for the same reason and no-one judges anyone else.

Good luck

Hi wenchie.. You sound like me.. Were you not put on any medication? Omerprazole and lanzoprazole have been a life saviour for me. I hope the weight loss stops the heart burn for me. I dont want to be on medication forever..

And congratulations on your weight loss :)

Thank you :)

And no, my GP's firmly in the "weight is the source of all evil" camp and once the tests came back negative basically told me I was on my own until I lost at least a stone (and now I have I don't need medication for that so... yeah :eek: )

Aww, thanks so much everybody!

I don't seem to be able to keep up with the forum, its very busy! lol!

I only come online for an hour or so each day but I'll do my best to keep up and participate where I can.

Thanks again for the lovely welcomes.

xxx

wenchie said:
Thank you :)

And no, my GP's firmly in the "weight is the source of all evil" camp and once the tests came back negative basically told me I was on my own until I lost at least a stone (and now I have I don't need medication for that so... yeah :eek: )

Well thats stupid of your doc.. You should go back and ask for an endoscopy to make sure you dont have any ulcers, god forbid. Just to be on the safe side.

Well thats stupid of your doc.. You should go back and ask for an endoscopy to make sure you dont have any ulcers, god forbid. Just to be on the safe side.

It was definitely incredibly frustrating, but I'm honestly loathe to go back now because basically - with this, for me - he was right and I'm pretty much un-symptomatic now.

Back