JimJam89

Hi Guys

I have completed day one today and I am already craving all sorts of foods. I am hoping to loose a stone in five weeks so fingers crossed I can stick to it. Has anyone got any tips for combatting cravings.

Thanks

Hey, welcome to Lite. :)
The cravings and the wanting of those foods that got us here in the first place will slowly fade away. They will still be there, it's just a case of knowing how to deal with it.
Plus, the first week will definitely be the hardest! Carb withdrawal hits quite hard and with no snacking allowed at all, it's a completely different mindset. You will definitely lose the stone in 5 weeks though as long as you make sure your dinners are fairly small, you can't have too many vegetables and I'd recommend having less than the recommended portion of protein too.

You could buy some of the water flavour from your LLC to put in water, my favourite is Fruits of the Forest, it's £9, but it helps me with cravings quite a lot! Also, brushing your teeth helps, it throws off the 'scent of food', the craving diminishes if you have a strong minty taste. Or have a strong cup of coffee/tea - sometimes hunger is actually thirst... And if it isn't that, a nice hot drink does help with the hunger too. ;)

Good luck on your journey. :)

Hi JimJam89, I just got my food packs this evening so due to start tomorrow... hoping for similar weight loss too.

Minerva - that post was really useful, not looking forward to the first week at all lol. Your post is defo motivational :)

Hey all! Yey, more liters :)

You will definitely lose the weight quickly just by doing what it says on the tin. Honest!

My tips would be:buy a 2 litre bottle of water and aim to have 4 litres a day especially in the first week-I felt like all I did was wee in week 1 but it helps you get through. Fill it up and keep going with it. Also, try carbonated water for a change and a fill up now and again.

Take some photos of you now-I'm on week 6 and the comparison is brilliant-I've dropped nearly 2 dress sizes and look totally different so it's amazing to have it on record.

Also, adding icecubes to shakes or coffee to vanilla shakes is lovely!

If you get headachy or a bit grumpy this week don't worry-just post. As Minerva said it really can suck when going thru carb withdrawal BUT I swear week 6 it seems totally normal and I don't really get hungry or feel I'm missing out. The results are really worth it :)

Good luck to you both and make sure you post-everyone here is LOVELY and will help you through anything! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back