Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lisy, 1 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Lisy

Lisy Banned

I just want to say hello. I have been struggling with the Exante diet. No food just shakes and my GP told me to stay well clear and suggested SW to me. It would be so nice not to feel hungry. Exante is a good diet but it's not for the fainhearted. My nearest group doesn't start until next Wednesday so I'm joining. My only concern is I can't do much exercise because I have chest problems. Does it still work with little exercise and worried also because I have to give up smoking. And I'm ready for diet and giving up smoking but am worried I won't lose weight because it's slows metabalism down. Anyway looking forward to starting and will be nice getting to know people here as I have 9 st to lose and will be here a long time if it works out. Any advice welcome :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi and welcome, I gave up smoking 23 months ago and as you can see I have lost weight I had more than 9st to lose I dont exercise as I work very long hours, sadly all those hours I am sat on my bum, if you follow the plan you will lose weight, aim for little targets ie half a stone at a time or 1 st off by the cats birthday in June etc I find that helps rather than trying to look at the 9st and work out how long that will take. Also rejoice in each mini victory - dropping down into the next stone bracket - fitting into a smaller size - knocking 1 off your BMI etc
    Good luck xx

4. Lisy

Lisy Banned

Thanks for that Welshcake. Well done on stopping the old cigs. I only have an iPod so can't see tickers or anything so can't see your loss but well done you. Nice to meet you and thanks for advice :) I will achieve my dream. I know the ropes of slimming world so I might start before I join the club. I can't wait xxx :) I won't have to go hungry like I did with exante

5. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have lost 64lbs since July last yr and have around 72lbs to go I used Champix (off the doc) to quit smoking x

6. Lisy

Lisy Banned

That's amazing truely inspirational. Congratulations you must be so proud. :)

7. Lisy

Lisy Banned

I'm not allowed champix as I have had depression. Did you give up smoking while on SW or before you started?

8. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I gave up before I started SW- quit cigs may 2009 - started SW July 2010 :)

9. Lisy

Lisy Banned

Ahh do you think you can still lose weight while stopping smoking as I just can't get any bigger than I am?

10. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont see why not, it will be hard but if you're determined you will succeed just have lots for fruit/veg cut up to munch on when you have a ciggy urge x

11. Lisy

Lisy Banned

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Thanks welshcake :) it will be hard I might have a few blips along the way but as long as I keep going it should be ok at least when I Want to eat when giving cigs I can have the free foods. It wont be easy but I shall give it a go. Thanks:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.