hellie

hi everyone ..today is my 1st day on lipotrim,,not as bad as i thought actually ,i normally have breakfast but as i work in a kitchen i skipped breakfast and had a shake about 11ish (wich is normally the time i start picking at the food ) and suprisingly enough i wasn't even tempted,i had another shake about 4 ish ,but 2 be honest i'm really hungry now ,,drinking water is not a problem for me as i have always drunk plenty.i guess what i'm after is for someone to tell me it gets easier ,,anyway ,look forward to a thin me ,,:)

Hi Hellie,
just started the lipotrim today too. I've done pretty much the same as you, shake mid-morning, soup at 4.30. Pretty hungry but hoping this will get better soon. Good luck x

hiya ,,,whats the soup taste like,,the lady in the chemist said it wasn't very nice so not got many,,ive just been reading some posts about what you can add to your shakes such as peppermint and coffee ,,i'm gonna try that ,,makes a change from the ususal shakes,,any way ,,good luck with and let me no how your getting on

hiya ,,,whats the soup taste like,,the lady in the chemist said it wasn't very nice so not got many,,ive just been reading some posts about what you can add to your shakes such as peppermint and coffee ,,i'm gonna try that ,,makes a change from the ususal shakes,,any way ,,good luck with and let me no how your getting on

Welcome Hellie its good to have another LT'er on the forum. The soup grows on you...I perfer the shakes but as the weather is getting a little colder...I have the soup made up like a "cuppa soup" and its really nice.....

Best of luck....the first week is the worst....it gets easier then...

ok thanx for that ,,i dont no if its me or not but i cant see any where were it tells you how to make up the soup ,,can it be made ina blender like the shakes ? i sound a bit dumb i no :eek:

ok thanx for that ,,i dont no if its me or not but i cant see any where were it tells you how to make up the soup ,,can it be made ina blender like the shakes ? i sound a bit dumb i no :eek:

Yes you make it the same way....hot water in a blender is the best....

Hi Hellie, hi Aderyns Nanny, welcome both!

The first week is always a bit of a nightmare, but it will get better so stick with it and you'll be glad you did!

I used to put a bit of smoked paprika in my chicken soup just to ring the changes!

Hiya! Feeling remarkably upbeat so far.
I don't think the soup tastes too bad, obviously not like a 'real' one but it's ok. Did feel hungrier after it than I have done with the shakes. Having to work hard at drinking my 4 pints plus. Think it's easier for me as both he kids have left home so I've informed my husband he'll have to sort himself out for food and shopping too! He's very supportive and ate his tea in the kitchen like it was a secret that he's eating!
I'm finding it better to make the shakes up with a bit more water, feels like I'm having more that way. The lady in the chemists said I can have flapjacks later on but couldn't remember wheher it was after 1 or 2 weeks. I've heard they're like cardboard, does anyone know? Cheers......hope all's going well Hellie.

What a nice husband you have, its much easier when you have a bit of support!!! When I was on LT I started the flapjacks after the first week but I think some of the other girls got them straight away and some got them after two weeks. It all depends on your chemist I think. It is just nice to chew again to be honest and some people like them and some dont, its all personal taste! I like the peanut and hated the coconut.

thanx for the replies ,,,another question ...ive looked through the forum and read all the literature but can someone please explain to me in hellie terms what ketosis is ,,when in starts and how you no your going through it ,,im on my 2nd day and my mouth this morning tasted like something had crawled in over night and died ,,,sorry to sound so dumb :banghead:

Ketosis is the term used for when your body stops burning carbs and starts to burn fat. The bad taste is the ketones being relaeased from your body and these are excreted through your wee wee and your breath. This is why it is very important to drink plenty of water because every time you pee you get rid of more ketones. Normally your body burns crabs first as your first port of call but if you dont put any carbs in then your body cant burn them and so looks for another source of energy.......FAT!!Most people go into ketosis in or around the fourth day but everyone is different. I hope this helps!!

hee hee! I noticed that.......glad you realised...........as an ex-GU clinic nurse I'd have had a hard time not mentioning it! lol...
You're right, I do have a very lovely husband. :cupid:Awhhhh
Been very good this afternoon, we went down to Roskillys farm at St Keverne, they do a fantastic range of organic ice-cream, first time in my life I've been there without indulging! Husband quite stunned by my good behaviour I think. x

Well done....that the part of the first steps to the new you!!! Best of luck.

thanx for the info ladies ,,just had a chicken soup :sick:yuk ,,wont be having anymore of them,,i seem to be more hungry to day than i was yesterday,ive had loads of water ,,i guess it will get better:)

Oh dear! I thought the chicken soup was pretty nice! Yes, you will probably feel hungrier till you are properly in ketosis, then the pangs should go and you will be fine. Try drinking hot water, that helps too.

I wasnt keen on the soup either. I just had the shakes cold. Does someone have the chocolate shake hot do I remember?

Well done Aderyns Nanny for resisting the ice cream. It shows that you have your head in the right place. Keep going and you will see the weight falling off!!

Back