Kelly0405

I started slimming world last week and lost half pound at weigh in. I was disappointed but still continued 100% with the diet. Just weighed me again and I'm heavier this week:( is this normal or do you think the diet isn't the one for me?

Have you been filling in a food diary to give to your consultant? If there's anything there that might stop you (for instance, not having 1/3 plate superfree if you're following EE) he or she will be able to flag it up from a food diary.

Also, I know it sounds silly, but are you eating enough? I find on weeks that I'm super busy, and thus eat less, I tend not to lose so much, and this seems to be true across all my friends following S/W.

Another factor to consider it bloating - if you're hot having your HeXB choices, it can lead to bloating, which isn't going to help your weight loss any, and same with it if it's been you 'star week' either of those weeks.

Also, are you using your syns correctly? Make sure you're really calculating the values and weighing/measuring anything synned correctly, as not doing this can add loads of extra syns you weren't accounting for!

If you're doing all of this, why not give your consultant a ring and chat things through?

Hop this helps!

Thank you. Will give her a call this evening. I've been following green/ red days so far but was worried I was eating too much:(
Not always having two HEB choices so this may be the prob x

Can you show us an example of a day's food?

Hi. Haven't been on for days sorry. I'm following a green day and I've had:
HEA: 350ml skimmed milk,
HEB: 2 slices weight watchers bread
HEB: roast chicken fat removed
Jacket potato with baked beans
Lots of tea and coffee
Apple, nectarine, grapes
Muller light choc orange yoghurt...
Going to have options hot choc tonight with remainder of milk allowance for sins.

I seem to be eating none stop!

Girl you're hardly eating anything!!! I would be chewing my left arm off with hunger if that is all I was eating! How much weight do you need to lose and how close to target are you? Seriously that's not enough to keep your body functioning so I'm not surprised your body is holding on to fat for grim death.

Where is your breakfast? You need to have something to kickstart your metabolism so that it starts burning calories early in the day.

I assume you had a chicken sandwich for lunch and potato with beans for dinner? You need to really up your vegetable intake at both meals.

And make sure you have all your syns as an options hot chocolate is only 2 syns. You should be having around 10 a day.

Are you exercising? If so then there is even more need to up your food intake as you need the calories to support your increased activity.

Thanks for prompt reply:) I need to lose about three stone so really far to go:(

I thought I was eating too much but it may be that I need more? Now is my worst time of the day for the nibbles. Eating fruit as I type to try to stop the hunger pangs:(

Could u possibly send me an idea of the food you have each day so I can see the volume I should be eating to lose weight?

Hi Kelly,

I agree with patchwork puss, not enough there to feed you.

I would try having larger meals, fill your meals up with superfree eg salad with your chicken sandwich and fruit with your meals then you'll be less likely to snack.

grazing works for some people but not for others, it sure doesn't work for me, I'm best having good filling meals and not much in between.

also ditto the syns, I just had to eat a curly wurly cos I hadn't had any syns today hardly

so was it and official weigh in or just you jumping on the scales at home? remember the only weigh in that counts is the official one,

also ditto star week, I can put 3.5lb on during star week, so eat lots of 'magic soup' celery, cabbage and green bean soup to help with the bloating

good luck hun , you'll get there xx

I basically agree with everything kerryathome said! :)

I'd also say that if you're feeling hunger pangs of an evening, rather than just fancying a nibble/picking at food out of habit, then upping your portion sizes is definitely the way to go. I rarely need a snack between my meals because I have hearty portions that keep me going.

Ok. So far today I've had:
Weight watchers bread (HEB) with baked beans for brekkie
350 ml skimmed milk (HEA)
2 apples
2 nectarines
Grapes
5 plums
Strawberries with fat free natural yogurt
Batchelors pasts in sauce (1 syn value)
Jacket potato with low fat cottage cheese, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, carrot, radish, pickle onions and beefwood
Have got a muller light in fridge for tonight (cherry flavour)
Is this better? Still low on the sins :(

looks good and better on the amount front, how about adding some veg to your pasta and sauce? broccoli, mushrooms,

last night I had to have a curly wurly cos I hadn't had any syns , thats the way it goes,

keep it up x

IMO yep, even if its just 5, better if you can incorporate them into your day which I usually do, light having some light mayo on your salad or something like that, the syns are part of the plan

some people store their syns for the weekend but not sure if thats in the plan or one of those 'adjustments' that people do themselves

You should be making sure that you have between 5 and 15 syns in a day. And you should NOT be hungry. The whole thing with SW is eating so that you are satisfied, to keep your metabolism up, and you on track and enjoying eating in a healthy way (so you aren't tempted to jack it in and go back to your old ways.

Syns, like the Healthy extra A and B choices, are part of the plan and not optional.

Back