Newbie..

MissNJ

I everyone, I joined here a while ago when I started a VLCD but I only lasted 6 days!!

I've been trying to lose weight since I gave birth to my 4th baby (1st daughter!) in nov 2007

I've got about 4 stone to lose to get into the "healthy zone" and the docs prescribed me xenical.

I'm on my 2nd week and I'm starting to struggle! It's time of the month time and normally I gorge on dark Choc..

Also, I'm a vegan, have been for a year now I lost my initial 3 stone in that time just throughout diet changes!! I don't drink fizzy drinks, tea, coffee, anything with aspartame & sucrolose in so have a pretty healthy diet! only drink water and Fresh fruit juice (sometimes) and fruit/green teas!

But since I started taking xenical, weighing everything I eat and keeping within a 45g a day limit, I've really really noticed how I was over eating and not losing weight! I'm amazed at how much I was overeating!! My normal portion of rice was 5x the size that it is now!!

One of the things I am struggling with tho, is keeping within the 5g per 100g, so many of my fave foods like innocent veg pots and Jacobs sweet chilli crackers... They're so yummy... I have been eating them less often and only as snacks.. But they're my treats since giving up cheese, non vegan foods etc.... Lol

Can I ask what you guys eat for sweet treats when it's time of the month??

Bananas just aren't cutting it!!!!!!

Ww formage Frais fruit is at the bottom.. 47 cals.. Tesco Disney apple rice crackers and a wee bit over special k raspberry and choc.. Not sure how are placed in a vegan diet tho?

hiya newbie.. nice to meet you, im sure you will soon slip in to the swing of thing's it'll settle down then.. making the decision to start is always the hardest and sounds like your well on your way
good luck
sam........x

Hi, welcome to Xenical...please don't take this the wrong way, but your info in your stat bar shows you having a self created VLCD... Mini's does not allow any type of self created diet plans like this, I think it's actually against the rules... but I see you're starting Xenical now, so maybe it would be a good idea to change that, so others don't get the wrong idea... :)

Anyway, welcome to Xenical, we're a friendly bunch and help each other out :) There's some good threads if you need some help.

When it comes to totm, and you do have cravings, you can have ww cake slices, caramel snack a jacks, ww chocolate mousse, various yoghurts... obviously no chocolate but you could have a Frijj chocolate shake, that's within the rules. Also, sweets don't have any fat, but are loaded with sugar,carbs and cals..the sugar is evil, and as soon as you finish, the sugar will make you want it again and again and it can be hard to break that cycle..if you wanted to have sweet things that contain no fat, think Haribo, marshmallows :)

Back